Hello (& please help)

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself!' started by Dale O, May 4, 2009.

1. Dale O

Dale O

Hi, I'm Dale from Cardiff UK:
    Just wanted to drop by to say hi.
    I think the creative software is great news indeed, but I do have a problem.
    :image09:
    Sorry about my winjin, but here goes
    recently I purchased webgaphics creator, I really think the software is cool and just what I wanted, I have even made some cool spinning book covers for my websites lookreadlearn.com & diy-ceiling-wall-texture.com, but there do seem to be a problem when I use the flipbook!

When I click the button 'add image' I get an error box titled 'director player error' with the words underneath 'object expected. Script error. Continue yes or no'
    But it does let me import a whole folder of photographs.
    But there is still a problem when I preview it.

Only some of the pictures actually show up, but the book shows kind of slim (letterbox) graphics where the pictures are supposed to be.

I have converted my pictures into various formats and sizes, then tried again, but still to no avail.
    Could anybody please help me with this situation.

I don't know if I was supposed to question here?

Anyways, I'm not usually a miserable git, but, I am really creative, & love creative things, laughingbird software makes my creative intentions more feasible without me having to get to know other (complicated) desigh software.
    :image28:
    Dale

2. Wicked

Wicked

There is only a handful of people I have heard have this problem. I am not sure how to solve it but I know how we can make some progress maybe after doing a little bit of research. Unfortunately each users problem in the past has been different in nature. Firstly though make sure you have the latest version of the software. If you just recently purchased it then I assume you do. Did you buy it here from Laughingbird Software or somewhere else?

Now before we get too deep into it I am going to suggest that you re-download the software and do a fresh installation to see if that fixes the problem. If not then you may need to gather a little information about the problem.

What type of operating system are you using? Windows, Mac and what platform such as XP, Vista, etc.

Now I am not sure how far you knowlege of computers go but if this next step I mention to you is not too advanced you can try this.

1) Create a text file named Lingo.ini alongside the software application in the folder.
    2) Copy and Paste the following into the Lingo.ini file:

on startUp
    the traceLogFile = "Trace.txt"
    the trace = TRUE
    end

3) Now Run the software. It is likely to run much more slowly because it
    will be writing every step it takes into the Trace.txt file
    4) When you encounter the Director Player Error, choose to quit the
    application.

Then copy and paste everything inside the Trace.txt file back here. This will aid someone in being able to see what might be going wrong.

It seems only a handful of people have ever had this problem so it is specific to your computer I believe. The above step may be needed to figure out what the problem is. Otherwise Marc (the owner) may see this thread and already know something that I do not and post here and let you know. Please do get back with us here on this thread you've made and let us know whats going on after trying some things or collecting some information so that we can further try to figure out whats going on.

Thanks.

3. Dale O

Dale O

Re: Hello (& please help) Replied

Hi Wicked, thanks for your reply.

I e-mailed Marc about the problem & he offered me the newer version of webgraphic & now I have no problems, thanks once again
    Dale
    Ps I have made a few graphic which I will post here on this forum

4. Wicked

Wicked

Dale O I am really glad your issue got worked out and I look forward to your graphics. If I may ask a favor though please have fun with your new software!