Hello & help

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself!' started by gentri80y, Aug 5, 2008.

1. gentri80y

gentri80y

Hello, I'm from Philippines but based in the US. Just found your site/forum few days ago through google search about Logo making. I am not in the business or something, I just love arts. If ever I make a logo for others, its definitely a FREE, I will just consider this as a 'toy'. lol.

I joined in this forum to look answer to my question before I made a purchase of TLC. I sent email more than 24hours ago but still got no answer.

2. awalck

awalck Staff Member

Hi Gentri80y, Welcome. I moved your thread to it's own post as to not confuse anyone. Where did you send your email to and what was your question? Maybe we can help you.

3. KD-did

KD-did

gentri80y ... yes indeed welcome to the forums, . Marc gets somewhere in the neighborhood of 500 emails a day and some have attachments that quickly help fill his email box up. For a response to your question why not ask your question here in the forum?

4. gentri80y

gentri80y

Hello again and thanks to the admins, awalck and Kd-did for the welcome.

Regarding my question, I asked if the logo creator software has a feature that I can draw my own design for my logo. I tried one software, (they have trial version) but all I saw was a predesign logos, so I uninstalled it right away. I have my own drawings based on the concept/theme for the logo that I am going to make.

Sorry if sometimes my english is confusing, I will rearrange my question in case you didn;'t copy.

Thank you, and oh, you have a very nice forum host, vbulletin, as far as I know this is the best.

5. KD-did

KD-did

TLC doesn't have a drawing feature to it yet, however, you can import images that are scanned, drawn or downloaded.. drawn with any 3rd party software as long as it is done in a file format that TLC uses ...such as .jpeg, .gif, .png, .tiff .bmp .

6. 3DS

3DS

Okay gentri80y, now you got my curiosity. Care to share your drawing here with us? Maybe someone in the forum just might take a crack at it and come up with some kind of cleaned-up version to use as a logo. Give it a shot.

7. gentri80y

gentri80y

yay. haha. ok, although I'm shy, but I'll show it. This is pure sketch. I need to redraw what I have here. will post it later.

thanks to all!

8. KD-did

KD-did

Rather than redraw or draw again why not clean up your drawing and scan it into computer and import it onto your TLC canvas.

9. gentri80y

gentri80y

Confused in 'check out ' page.

ah ok,

I haven't bought the software yet, For now I'm looking around about software informations that I want to buy. This is to avoid hassle in my part. Most of the time, people are buying without trying it first, but after they bought and use it, they'll found out that they are not satisfied with the product, then people are battling for their refund or got pissed off with their unresponded questions , etc... I don't want this to happen to me.

I submitted my other email in 'mailing list' for trial version link, but no response yet so I just decided to purchase it because I cannot wait but to get your software. I'm excited..lol.

But got a little confused in 'check out ' page.
    TLC52 Web 2.0 Windows [​IMG] Download $29.95 [​IMG] Extended Download Service $6.99* Do I need to purchase that Extended Download Service?
    * I also want it in CD, there are two options there. $9.95 and $10.99 "Buy CD Now" Do I need to purchased them both?

Thats why I stopped for a while and asked here.

10. Doc

Doc Staff Member

Hi, the extended download service is a charge made by the company who handle the Laughingbird software, it is there for users to be able to redownload the software in case of computer problems. Personally I would just copy the download to a CD (or two CD's if you are paranoid like me) then you do not need the extended service.

11. KD-did

KD-did

Doc is correct the extended download time fee is something done by Digital River . Generally speaking most software downloads have a limit of how long links are live (usually 7 to 30 days) not so with Laughingbird Software . Marc's limits were set on how many times it could be downloaded.

I too am paranoid so I always burn myself a copy and leave a zipped file in my briefcase ...accessible on all my computers in case a program becomes unstable or a file is damaged I can uninstall and avoid fresh download times. From my experience zipped files remain relatively safe from damage that can come conflicts, adware/spyware/malware and virus attacks . Burning a CD is smart in case you have a harddrive failure or have to ever Fdisk a drive. Just remember to always write down the activation key. I use a telephone/address book for keeping track ..helps keep down the amount of clutter .. no boxes to store and avoids printing and filing paperwork .

12. Wicked

Wicked

hi gentri and sorry I am late welcoming you to the forum. We are certainly glad to have you. I hope you are finding answers to everything you need to know as it looks like you have some good help going for you already here in this thread. If you have anymore questions or comments please to not hesitate keep on posting because we will do our best to keep on helping.. I hope you are enjoying everything so far.

13. gentri80y

gentri80y

Thanks for all your welcomes.

Now I finally purchased this TLC Web 2.0 vs Entertainment Edition that I first chosed to buy. Most of the logos that I want to make are more on 'entertainment', fun art logos, comic and for some non business and non formal logos. That's why I first chose the entertainment. Hope that I can find all or 'most' of the stuff that I needed here for my project.

Thanks again.

14. KD-did

KD-did

There are many components from the Entertainment edition that can be found under the "Image" tab. You can always ask here in the forum if you need help locating an image... and by all means explore using "dingbats" for images . Because dingbats are in reality fonts but also work like vector type images (without background issues) there is no end to what can be done with any edition. All text effects work on dingbats and with a image editor (many are FREE) you can have custom one of a kind designs for your clients.

http://www.getpaint.net/index.html

15. gentri80y

gentri80y

No, I said I purchased web 2.0 instead of Entertainment edition which I planned to buy before because most of my projects are for entertainment.

do you think did I made the right choice?

16. KD-did

KD-did

Absolutely...!!1My point is simply that you can ask for help and that there are multiple ways and sources to get appropriate images...you will certainly graduate past wanting to use templates in a very short amount of time.

17. gentri80y

gentri80y

Follow up question.

I want to have more elements and design samples. Aside from the mega pack, Do you think buying the Entertainment edition will help?

18. Wicked

Wicked

Every pack you buy will help increase your arsenal of tools.. However, I am not sure anyone is to say whats right for you.. I am not KD but I myself would not be able to say yes or no as to whether or not it would be what you should get..

19. youbackbut

youbackbut Guest

Where did you send your email to and what was your question? Maybe we can help you.

20. gentri80y

gentri80y

Experienced user of TLC's can answer this question. I just want to know what is/are the specific tools or "stuff" of entertainment edition that web 2.0 don't have.

Just want to share my bad day today! Because I am hyper to get more objects/elements and text feautures like 'embossing', projective text and wavy text styel, I was tempted to buy this very cheap Logo maker from Best Buy!. And as expected. after I installed and start to use it. I said.. grrrrrrr...!.. Hope I can return this to Best Buy!

"TLC (web2.0) is great, cool software, easy to use and yet it can produce a really profesionall look logos. and most of all for only $30 bucks."