Hello from Kennewick, WA

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself!' started by Bgee, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Bgee

Bgee

I purchased the logo software recently to create a logo for a new company to use on business cards, internet, etc. Seems to be working pretty well except for the glitch in one of the elements that causes it to freeze. I just avoid it now until it's fixed in the updated version. However, I can't seem to find any way to delete unwanted templates under "my templates". Can someone tell me how to do this, otherwise I'll have a lot of useless templates I don't need anymore.

2. KD-did

KD-did

Welcome to the forum. Removing unwanted templates is very easy. Go to the Laughingbird Documents folder>>>>>Logo Libraries>>>>My Templates and just delete the unwanted files.

To fix the shapes issue from Admin gcuneo2

THERE IS A BUG WITH THE ORIGINAL SHAPES_DB FILE.

PLEASE DELETE THE SHAPES_DB FILE FIRST!

WHILE IN THE SAME LOCATION:

1. In your logo elements folder (all you need to do is right mouse click select NEW the select FOLDER) create a new folder called "shapes"

2. unzip the attached file into it. You should be able to just click on the attached zip file and win zip will start doing it's thing.

IN THE PICTURE ABOVE I manually created SOME OF THE YELLOW FOLDERS- you many have some, you may have none at all. The pix above is to show you the location where you need to create the SHAPES folder.

You may not have all the same yellow folders-- I create many custom folders as needed.
    Attached Files:

Attached Files:

gcuneo2 likes this.
  3. Bgee

Bgee

It might be easy for you but for someone who went from XP to Window 8 recently, it's not as easy. LOL I finally found the library after a lot of searching (probably easier way if I knew how) and can delete files. I was hoping there was a quicker way by just clicking on the template in the software and hitting delete but I guess that's not an option.

4. KD-did

KD-did

Remember you always have a "SEARCH" function no matter what your OS is. I am still using XP even having a Win 8 machine around. It will either be in either the Documents or My Documents folder.