Hello from central ohio

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself!' started by dirtybird819, Jul 11, 2009.

1. dirtybird819

dirtybird819

My names dirtybird819 aka G. Brian Layton and im from Newark, oh. I've been married for 4 yrs and have a 6 yr old son. We just bought our first house, and got cut back on hours at work.

Ive been pondering about starting my own mowing and landscaping business for a while, and after this im going to push it hard. i have everything need for the business, from mowers to trimmers to truck and trailer.

So the reason Im here is too learn to attract customers to my company by flash through flyer's, ads, and mainly the company logo. I have an ideal in mind but cant get it down on paper to have it printed. Im on a time crunch about a week and a half or so

so you'll be seeing me a lot lately just wandering around checking things out and trying to figure out this business design thing, and hoping some one can help me out and get things rolling.

thanks,

G.Brian Layton

2. KD-did

KD-did

Welcome to the forum Brian.

If I were you I would consider marketing your services to banks, mortgage companies and real estate companies for maintaining properties that have empty houses. "Maintaining" curb appeal might be a unique way to market yourself. Looking over the property for unauthorized activity while on the property might help sell your services too. Also consider gutter cleaning as an added
    service you offer.

3. GCFL

GCFL

Hi Brian, I would be happy to help you with any of your logo and/or marketing needs (flyers, etc.). I am sure others would be as well. Just let me/us know how we can help.

Duane Clark
    www.gulfcoastfreelance.com

4. dirtybird819

dirtybird819

my wifes grandmother is on the board of realtor for the state of ohio and is vip for HER realators and thats pretty much how i got things started was doing property clean ups and ground maintenance for home she was selling, so thats going to be one of my biggest customer getter

5. dirtybird819

dirtybird819

im trying to get all my brain storming down on paper then im gonna try and figure out how to get it on here

6. Wicked

Wicked

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you got the business part figured out. Just the design to get right.. I sure could use your services at my house right now... But I guess since I've been cut back on my hours at work too then I should be able to take care of it myself.

7. dirtybird819

dirtybird819

yes i do have the business part figured out part the reason is because what i had mentioned above about my grandmother-in-law and all the technical aspect of it because i use to work for a commercial mowing business a couple of years back and was planning on doing it then just never had the nudge that i have now

at least your looking at it in a positive way and not like the worlds coming to an end like some of the guys i work with.

so, yes i have a huge business plan planned down to a T. the only thing im missing is a catchy business phrase and logo that will catch the eye of everyone. buy the way the company name is
    URBAN LAWNCARE

8. Nickydude

Nickydude MadLad Designs

How about

URBAN LAWNCARE
    a cut above the rest...

9. Chris_Houg

Chris_Houg Staff Member

URBAN LAWNCARE
    the grass is always greener on our side of the fence...