Hello From Beautiful East Tennessee

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself!' started by CAROL LYNN, Sep 5, 2014.

1. CAROL LYNN

CAROL LYNN

I'm a busy internet marketer for starters... have been online since the year 2000. I have my ups and downs like we all do on the web. I've run across a new opportunity and need a way to come up with logos quick. I've always wanted to try to be more creative - so here's hoping. My first creation didn't go too bad. But hope I get faster, as it wasn't very quick.

When I'm not on the computer I enjoy the water, boating, sunning and relaxing with a good book. I have 6 grand-kids that keep me occupied too.

Life is one big exciting gig and I'm glad to be a part of it!! Would enjoy meeting all of you!

snginc likes this.
  2. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

[welcome1]
    Welcome Carol! I think you'll find that that TLC is the perfect program for creating some really exciting logos, really fast! Lots of good advice, some free graphics and all the help you'll need here on the forum. Look around and don't be shy if you have any questions. Hope to see you around . . . :cowboyno:

3. CAROL LYNN

CAROL LYNN

Thanks Gunsmoke...have no fear I'll be around!

4. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

DON'T FORGET: I will be in the chatroom from 9am till noon west coast time TOMORROW providing real time help, answering questions, and just hanging out! I've been using the software since 2003, and am quite fluent in it. Don't be afraid to post creations and getting feedback.

I made this in 5 minutes: logo4.JPG

snginc likes this.
  5. KD-did

KD-did

:hello1: and welcome to the forum.

6. CAROL LYNN

CAROL LYNN

Hi There, Thanks so much. Glad to be here.

7. CAROL LYNN

CAROL LYNN

That's really nice. I'll be doing something great like that myself one day soon. I plan to be in the chatroom tomorrow....unless my husband has plans for Sat. afternoon of fun. (ESTime)

8. snginc

snginc

[welcome2] Carol! You have picked the best product on the net to make logos! It gets very addictive after a while. With practice you will get faster at producing graphics with it!

Jerome

9. CAROL LYNN

CAROL LYNN

Thanks for the vote of confidence Jerome. I'm sure I will!
    Nice to meet you.
    Carol

snginc likes this.
  10. Nabi

Nabi

Welcome Carol, just to backup everything that everyone has said. This is an awesome program! It really has changed my outlook on creations. You sooooo won't be disappointed when you find out that there is so much you can do with TLC! Welcome again!

snginc and gunsmoke like this.
  11. CAROL LYNN

CAROL LYNN

Hi Nabi,
    Thank you so much for your support. I scrapped my first one and tried again. It was much nicer, (and faster yeah) but I'm having a devil of a time trying to reduce it down to the correct size. I downloaded a freeware program as suggested and loaded it into that, reduced it down to the proper size needed and it turned out to be nothing but a smear on the canvas. Not legible at all. To make matters worse the freeware came with a truckload of ads that keep popping up everywhere and slowing me and my computer down. So, I've got to get rid of it. I may be missing a step in the reduction process or something. Who would I ask to assist me with this step?

12. Nabi

Nabi

Many admins are here to assist you as well as other members. If I'm understanding you correctly, once the image is uploaded into TLC, under the "Image Menu" click "Image Format". Then scroll down to where it says "Image Scale" and just slide the bar left or right to meet your desired size. Hope this helps!

13. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Hi Carol, several questions here, but first Nabi is correct for reducing an 'image' size. The best thing to do is to set the size for the entire project before you start. You do this by using the 'Format Canvas' option. Just click anywhere on the blank background and then click on Format Canvas. Either enter in your desired settings or use the sliders. Then add your graphics and text and use the 'Format Image' options to adjust the size of each to fit within your project.

Or you can do it like you did. Making the graphic big so you can see everything, then export it and use another program to reduce the size.

Which program did you use to reduce it? I use Photoscape but there are many that can do the same job. You do have to be careful and read everything when installing any program as many come with ad ons and other software that you may not want. Photoscape is from Google and is reliable and easy to use. Has been around for many years. But you want to insure that you get it from the official Photoscape site at www.photoscape.org

Let us know if you still need more help.

snginc likes this.
  14. CAROL LYNN

CAROL LYNN

Thanks Nabi for your response. I think maybe I'm needing a size that goes smaller than that scale will go, because I tried that and it was still too big. I'll keep plugging away at it till I get it right. My time is very limited right at the moment so I'm fitting in in around 3 various projects.

15. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

What is size you are trying to reduce to?

16. CAROL LYNN

CAROL LYNN

Hello Again Gunsmoke, I really appreciate your help. I think part of my trouble is that I'm having to reduce the size of the image smaller than the scale will take me from the software. Yes it was the free version of Photoscape, as I was testing it and didn't want to spend money if it was hard to use or didn't accomplish the task I am into right now. I read about the ads....just didn't realize they were going to take over my computer so great. Every time I click to do something new, and surprise awaits me with a new deceiving type of ad. I think I'll delete that program and try it from the URL you just gave me, as the one I got was off of a search. I agree it seemed very easy to use, just not sure why it caused the image to become one big blur, unless it can't reduce down well to that smaller size (??) I'm new at this so I could be leaving out a step or something. Who knows. I'll keep at it. I don't give up easily.

17. CAROL LYNN

CAROL LYNN

The size is 174 x 21 pixels. I'll try to get it up for you to view sometime today. Getting dinner started now.
    Thanks. Here's how it turned out so far.... [​IMG] Don't know if you can open this box or not. I can. It's through Thunderbird.
    Later...
    Carol

18. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Photoscape can you to that size just fine. Once you get the 'real' version installed.

19. CAROL LYNN

CAROL LYNN

Ok...I now understand what you mean ... the real version of "Photoscape", directly from their site, not via a re-seller. I was multi-tasking Sat. afternoon and trying to squeeze some work in on this logo at the same time. Sorry. I did delete the other Photoscape, but unfortunately I'm going to have to get someone to remove the remnants of all the garbage that was loaded onto my computer. I've done what I know to do, but too many hidden files I guess, as I have odd things popping up like crazy even after a couple re-boots. I'll try to now locate the authentic photoscape and load it on. Thanks again.

20. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

I think several people, ( never think it's just you! ) have had that problem. I know I have. I'm sorry you're having this problem and hopefully you will get it fixed soon. ( without formatting your computer - yikes! ). Photoscape does work very well. There is another program you may want to look at down the road ( unless you have Adobe Photoshop ) and that is Gimp. Gimp is useful for removing backgrounds ( mostly white backgrounds ) around some images thereby allowing you to save them as transparent .PNG's. This is the 'official' site... http://gimp.org

Hope to see you back here soon. Let us know if you need anything.