Hello from Bay City, Michigan!

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself!' started by tom causley, Mar 9, 2015.

1. tom causley

tom causley

What a great software! Now I just have to figure it all out and I will be doing good.
    I am retired and into Ham Radio so I am trying to come up with some Ham Radio logos to put on my Ham Radio site and possibly sell to other hams for their sites. Wish me luck!

2. KD-did

KD-did

:music:[welcome2]

Just give a shout if you need help.

3. snginc

snginc

Welcome to the group!

4. tom causley

tom causley

I have a question maybe someone can help me with... I just bought 6.8 logo creator. Can't seem to export any logos I make. Any Idea's?? KEEPS GIVING ME THIS "Unable to save. Try a different location" I have tried all kinds of locations and different ways to save it but nothing seems to work...

5. KD-did

KD-did

After setting up your "autosave" file you should have no issues with EXPORTING your logo file. Have you tried exporting to your desktop? What format are you running?

6. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Windows or MAC operating system?

7. tom causley

tom causley

I am running windows 7. First I tried with a logo that had a couple of my own pictures as background and I thought maybe they were to big so I made another one with just graphics from the program (something simple) and still would not work. I even deleted my save file and started over with a new one and still didn't work. Always get the same warning. I have put everything on my desktop so I would know were it was at and it still tells me to try saving it on your desktop!! Strange... Maybe I'll uninstall the program and re-install it and see if that helps.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  8. KD-did

KD-did

It is not an uncommon occurance that some things running on a computer can damage files. Turn off anti-virals, file managers and any accelerators on board while downloading or installing software, Glenn and I run a FREE unzipping program called 7-zip instead of Winzip.
    http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

9. Steve Robichaud

Steve Robichaud

I am experiencing the same problem. I've followed the instructions and set up a folder on my desktop to save my logos but everytime I try to save I get the "Unable to save...." pop up. I am running Windows 8. I need to be able to export transparent files...any help is appreciated! :)

10. KD-did

KD-did

Saving happens at an automatic level when closing the program. Have you tried using the EXPORT options?

snginc likes this.
  11. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

My save folder is on my desktop. I cant export anything (jpg or png) to my desktop, I just export it to a folder not on my desktop.

We could talk about permissions, right mouse clicks, run as an admin type stuff and all that, but the quickest way to probably fix this is this:

1. rename that folder your had to name the first time you ran the program.
    2. rename your laughingbird documents folder- just add OLD to the name.
    3. Reinstall.

KD-did likes this.
  12. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Don't forget about the 'Save a version' option! If you are modifying a logo or graphic you may want to save the version you started with so you can go back. Saves a lot of time if you don't like the new version! Just a thought . . .
    :gunsmoke::

gcuneo2 likes this.
  13. snginc

snginc

Saving to your desktop isnt a good option. If you save alot to your desktop your system will run slower. Always save someplace else and if you need quick access create a shortcut that you put on your desktop.

gunsmoke likes this.
  14. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Nope, gotta disagree with you there. It's been a popular misconception for years n years. You can find the same "it slows down your computers" silliness on hundreds of websites. Now most of the websites, are pretty bogus: For example: "Angies" list says it slows down your computer. Angies list? LIfehacker?

I've just spent about 20 minutes trying to find a reliable source, such as Microsoft, and basically could not. "Oh yeah if you have hundreds of icons it slows down your display" "Windows stores your desktop in the memory" ..... "In my opinion" "my suggestion" and "of course it does" are some of my favorites.

There simply is no evidence to support such a claim. I just think It's a matter of preference.

15. KD-did

KD-did

You know I think exporting to the desktop is not a possible issue. What could be is the STORAGE of huge files on the desktop could cause slowing.Don't store files on the desktop would be the solution. Gamers would seem to suffer more than other applications in my mind.Not being a gamer I don't know for sure.Just using basic logic.

Another issue could be how many programs are in the START menu.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  16. snginc

snginc

I've seen that as well BUT personally I have experienced having a slow system and when I moved the high volume folders I had on my desktop to another spot (such as an external hard drive or my documents folder) my system did speed up.