Hello Everyone!

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself!' started by Nabi, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Nabi

Nabi

Greetings all,

I just ran into this software about a week ago after doing some intense research. I decided to download the trail to check it out...needless to say, I'm hooked! I started going through the forums and reading your posts and (sigh)... it feels great to find a place I can call home. I'm looking forward to become part of the designers' family. Talk with you all soon!

357.png
    Nabi

snginc likes this.
  2. snginc

snginc

Welcome to the group. I just found this forum about a month ago myself but I have been using logo creator for over a year now. It's all I use now. My one stop shop for my graphic creation needs!

3. Chris101

Chris101

Hi guys,
    I love this software, it is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    However can this software be used to create posters or leaflets??
    Or does anyone know of any software from laughing bird or other?

cheers

chris

snginc likes this.
  4. Nabi

Nabi

I feel you. It's like a cyber Walmart!

snginc likes this.
  5. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

@Chris101: Yes! It sure can. Unfortunately the max size you can use in TLC is 1440 x 1440. So after creating your poster, if you want a large size, you'll have to use another program to either enlarge your design, or convert it to a vector design. Several options available. Gcuneo2 will probably have a little more info on what you'll need to do.

Just like to welcome both Chris101 and Nabi to the forum. Good to see some new faces around here. If you need any help just post a topic and I'm sure someone will be able to assist you.
    [welcome1]

6. snginc

snginc

This is all I use now and I tell everyone in my mastermind group to get it. I love being able to put my own graphics in the elements folder and have them available inside logo creator!

7. Nabi

Nabi

Me too! But I wonder why if I rename my custom template folder, it completely disappears. But when I rename it to its original name that I first created then everything shows up again. Not that its a problem, I'm just wondering why.

Also, tell me more about your mastermind group. (If you would like share.)

snginc likes this.
  8. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Your custom template folder doesn't disappear, TLC simply doesn't recognize it if you rename it. This is a 'working' folder and all the templates you work on are saved there. If it gets to full and/or confusing then you can delete templates out of it, or just rename it. TLC will prompt you to create a new working folder and you can continue. If you ever want to go back, then simply rename your current working directory, then rename the old working directory to what the new name is.

Sounds confusing I know.

What I did was create folders for all my clients. (Client1, Client2, etc...)
    My working folder is called 'working'.
    So, when I want to work for a particular client, I rename /working to /working_bak
    Then I rename /Client1 to /working
    When I start TLC I now see all the templates I've done for that client.

When finished simply rename the working directory back to Client1 ( or whatever ). Then you can rename your /working_bak folder, or create another new blank folder.

9. snginc

snginc

The mastermind group is for owners of my business partner's software creators (There are 3 of them). It's skype based and we have members from all over the world. We stopped counting but we have at least 20 WSO and JVZoo products of the day (4 done by me and my jv partners) created by mastermind members using the software creators. If you want to know more, I can give you a link to some demo software or to the free software creation webinar.

10. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

@Nabi: Just wanted to add that there is another route to all that re-naming ...

In the left hand panel of TLC where it says 'Select a Template Set' there is a list of sets you have on your computer. You can create folders here for your clients ( or any other purpose ). Just navigate to /My Documents/Laughingbird Documents/Logo Libraries

Here you can create folders for Client1, Client2, etc . . .

They WILL NOT show up till something is in them. Empty folders do not show up in the list.

Create a logo ( or whatever ) and 'Save a version' from the menu. Save it to one of your client folders. Exit TLC. The next time you open TLC that client folder will show up in that left hand panel. When you select the logo template it will ask you to name it. This is because it is saving it to the current 'working' directory. When you get the logo the way you want it, do another 'Save a version' to the client directory.

In this way you can organize your logos by client and/or project.

11. Nabi

Nabi

Ooooohh! Now that you've explained it to me, it doesn't sound that complicated. Thanks for the tip! I think I'll take option 2.

@snginc: That sounds interesting. Sure I'll take a look.