Hello all. I am a new member with NO Design experience.

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself!' started by realtormom, Jan 22, 2009.

1. realtormom

I am having a great time designing the logo for my new Home Staging Co. I came up with something I really like and want to use it on my letterhead. I am using Print Shop since it was included with The Logo Creator software and everytime I import the logo to print shop the quality is awful. I have tried several different formats. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?
  2. KD-did

KD-did Staff Member

Hello realtormom welcome to the forum. I don't think you are doing anything wrong what I believe is happening is that you are seeing your logo looking distorted because you are not viewing it full sized. What you are seeing is proportioned for the letterhead page size which isn't life size to make it easier to complete your layout, to use all the "tools" and fit on your computer screen.If "viewed" at 100% everything should look good no matter what file format your import is or if you were to test print you would see a big difference between what you see on the screen and what comes out of the printer. Actually with most graphic programs when something isn't viewed at 100% because it doesn't fit the work area things don't look as good as they really are, lines appear jagged and blurry .

If it doesn't look good when viewing at 100% try setting your DPI to at least 300 before exporting or use PDF export as it is far less likely to cause issues.