Heat / Light Effects

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by hayesb2, May 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hayesb2

hayesb2

Can anyone tell me how to create the following effects:

1) Heat Effect (like steamy heat)

2) Lighting Effect (i.e. a light reflecting off of text)

Is this possible with just TLC? I also have photoshop but unsure how to create these effects...

Thanks.

2. Gravy

Gravy

You picked some tuff ones. It will take some creative thinking and several export/reimports but I'm sure it's possible.

You could probably find it in photoshop much easier. Lighting should be in the effects browser. Heat waves will take a little more work, it depends on how realistic you want them to look.

3. hayesb2

hayesb2

Ok, well let me ask for a simpler effect.
    I want my Text to be angled. For example if in TLC if I create the word 'TEST' using 4 different text elements for each letter I can individually resize them. However I want to control the E so that the top line of the E will be slanted upwards (to match the slope of a picture)
    Any idea how I can do this?

4. Shelly

Shelly

1,) click on text "E" go to menu format make text rotatable. you can the angle your text or character.

Have fun !

Attached Files:

• e.png
      e.png
      File size:
      1.2 KB
      Views:
  5. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

Kinda possible

6. Gravy

Gravy

I have'nt tried heat yet but here are some designs I did entirely with TLC which may incorporate some lighting effects you are looking for. It takes a lot of time, patience, and multiple exporting and reimporting to do this.

I'm sure a heat wave effect could be had depending on how determined you are to create it using only TLC. Check the tutorials for many good tips on doing things like this. You may also find info in the Logo Gallery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.