1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Having some problems

Discussion in 'The eCover Creator' started by dkay9, Aug 22, 2005.

1. dkay9

dkay9

I've been trying to create a ebook cover using my own image, and I can get imported ok, except it's not mapping it the full size of the display, it's just putting it in the middle and has about 3 inches on the top and bottom. I made the photo the same size as the canvas 560x420, but it still doesn't map it correctly. I've tried this using both jpg and png, same thing either way.

Am I missing something some where or what is the problem?

Apparently I don't have the most recent version 2.2 (I have 2.1), but the update is not available right now so that's not an option, but I dont' know if that would make a difference or not.

Can anyone help with this? :helpnow:

Thanks,

Debbie

2. HomeBiz

HomeBiz

Hi dkay9,

The full cover size for a back or front is 419 x 512, you can download my templates that I made for The eCover Creator and take a look at the tutorial I wrote.

tutorials

Enjoy
    HomeBiz

:WOW1:

3. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

eCover images Load time

Hi Debbie!
    Sorry for the delay in re-posting the version 2.2 update.
    I'll get it back online very shortly. Check for a PM from me.

Can you take a picture of what you're speaking of and post it here in the forum? I'd like to take a look.

Create your 3D image and click on the little disk at the bottom of the canvas (users of version 2.2. - this disk has changed to a camera).

When the dialog box appears, save it with the extension of ".jpg"
    (If you type in "MyImage.gif" you'll get a GIF image, if you type in "Myimage.BMP" it'll export as a BMP! Also try PNG, TIFF and others!)

- Marc

4. dkay9

dkay9

Hi Marc,

Thanks for sending the update! I've attached the file to this reply, and this was done with the new version, so the problem still exist. I'm going to try it using HomeBiz's templates and see what happens.

Also can I delete the setup file since the install is now done? I'm trying to clear stuff off my hard drive as much as I can since it's getting pretty full.

Thanks,

Debbie

Attached Files:

5. a¿ex

a¿ex Staff Member

Hi Debbie,

your bitmap is landscape format and the 3-D model is portrait format.
    what would you expect to happen ?
    something like that:
    http://<http://www.farbflash.de/screenshots/debbieScr.jpg
    -> change of aspect ratio ?

if so, then you would need to either change the #mapmode info for the model you want to use (more complicated) or change change the input image to match the aspect ratio of the target (-> distort the image in your imaging app)

HTH