Have your images been stolen?

Discussion in 'Resource & Recommendations' started by Just Bill, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Just Bill

Just Bill

My new favorite investigative tool!

Suppose you see a photo and would like to have some more information about it. Finding out where else the photo has been used could give you more information about it.

Track if any of your copyrighted images are being used elsewhere.

If you have a brandname or logo you can use TinEye to see how it’s being used.

And so much more. It is still in beta, but I've tested it many times and I'm amazed at how well it works.

http://ideeinc.com/products/tineye/

2. Doc

Doc Staff Member

Wow you have come up trumps again Bill. The theft of images is a growing problem and we have come across cases of the theft of images connected to forum members in the past. If tin eye does build up a thorough database of web images I can see this becoming an indispensible tool.

I have just given it a test drive and it is amazing, I found several of my graphics, some were expected while others were displaying them without permission. Once again thanks to The Finder for locating this amazing software.

3. Just Bill

Just Bill

Thanks Doc. They claim to have approx. 500 million images now and are hoping to reach 5 Billion very soon. I'm still amazed.

4. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Pretty cool Bill. I am interested to see how it works out for them. Thanks for sharing that.

5. Topcatz

Topcatz Guest

Really cool

Your "finds" are always great..
    I'll be following this one...

6. Doc

Doc Staff Member

I give it the thumbs up TC, I registered and downloaded the plugin and it works great, you simply right click on an image and it searches its database for 'similar' images.

7. KD-did

KD-did

Bill, you have outdone your self with this find. Two thumbs up!!As someone who is trying to get ready to release an ' a custom elements collection' of my own I find that I can check my images for any inadvertent similarities but also see if someone has stolen my images and marketing my designs as a collection or partial collection of their own making.

8. Wicked

Wicked

Whoa how did my miss this find till now? Very interesting and hope they stay on this project.

9. Just Bill

Just Bill

I just checked and they have scanned more than a billion images.
    I bet they reach their 5 billion target very soon.