Has anyone fixed the Font scrolling problem?

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by Alfer, Jul 5, 2004.

1. Alfer

Alfer

It's been a while since I've used LC 3.5 but went into it tonight and I still can't scroll through ANY of the fonts when I go to create a Logo in Corporate #3. :mad:

I've tried every trick/update posted in the last 6+months from folks who have the exact same problem, but I still have problems.

I'm running W2k Pro on a 3 year old HP Pavillion. I have the standard stuff running (norton anti/firewall etc)

Any thoughts? At this point creating a logo with this program is very limited with only a small handfull of fonts.

Thanks for any input..hopefully there is a resolution.

Alfer

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Alfer!

Yes, I belive we've tracked down this issue.

It has to do with Norton AntiVirus.
    I've had a total of 12 users write in personally and post to the forum here with this scrolling problem.

ALL of them have Norton Antivirus activated ... and I'll assume you have Norton AntiVirus installed.

ALL of them have reported that going down the their task bar (this is a Windows problem only it seems. Mac users have no troubles with Norton) and deactivating Norton Antivirus (while running TLC, you can reActivate it when you're done) seems to solve this scrolling problem.

If you don't have Norton Antivirus, then it's back to the ol' drawing board!

Let us know if this works Al!

- Marc

3. KD-did

KD-did

Alfer, you say you have tried all the tricks BUT have you tried the work around trick where you click on enbedded or system fonts, then F9 and then a letter of the alphabet? You might not have access to all the fonts that start with that letter but atleast the first 5 or 6 of that letter because you can't scroll down further.

I use the F9 as a shortcut rather than scrolling down through all the letters to get to my desired font.

4. jamirae

jamirae

hey Katie.. I've never heard of that F9 trick before.. I'm gonna have to try it! :)

5. Peter

Peter

You don't need to do more than just press F9 after you start the program and you can scroll through all the system fonts with no problem.

6. daredd

daredd