Graphic Size question

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by RichardThor, Oct 21, 2005.

1. RichardThor

RichardThor

The Software works easy enough, but I notice you force any graphic to the exact size used in the animation.
    I need to know the size or the ratio used, so the graphics do not distort.

Also, not all templates have a "www.YourCompany.com" link on them.

Template #54 will not preview.

Thanks in advance,

2. Ray08

Ray08

Use your capture tool

Concerning to me this is a really big bug. It's like somebody buy a car with four different tire dimension and don't know even one. Enyway, use your capture tool, open desire template and try to catch the image, then save the image as .jpg or .gif and look for dimensions. Template #9 have this dimensions W=262 x H=232

Happy hunting.

3. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Ray.
    Each Ad tells you its size when you click on it.

You can also view the Ad's size as it will actually appear in your browser by clicking the "preview" button.

Also, make sure to update to the latest release:
    http://www.flashadcreator.com/updates

:D

4. Ray08

Ray08

IMAGE size

Hi Marc,
    We are not talking about the AD size, which is clearly displayed for each template. The problem is IMAGE size in each template and they are all (almost) different.

You can easily fix this deficiency with a little upgrade, it will be a great help in working with this nice tool.

Ray

5. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Oh. :D

Hi Ray.
    Thanks for the clarification.
    Yes - reading back the thread, I see you're talking about the images (not the templates).

Good point.

I'll see if I can make a chart.

- Marc

6. Bill Shepard

Bill Shepard

Getting Image Size Information

Just downloaded Ad Creator today, and I too wondered how to determine the image sizes to use on the ads. Then I realized it's quite simple to do. Select the ad you want, export it right away without doing any customizing. Use your image editor (Fireworks, Photoshop, etc.) to open the images in the Assets folder and examine each of them for pixel dimensions. Now you know the exact size to import for that ad. (I'll wait for the applause to die down.)

7. henleylover

henleylover

Where does it say what size graphic the ads take?

Not impressed with the replys on this thread. I should not have to use multiple programs to figure out what size graphic I can use on any of these ads. Why does it not tell you where you uload graphics, photos etc what size it will take? Any corrections to this.

8. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

nice first post obviously you havent read all the thread cause if you had you will see that laughing bird has taken this info on board and is attempting to rectify the issue
    welcome to the forum henleylover51514

9. henleylover

henleylover

actually I did read or am I missing it

Actually, I am pretty sure I did read it and the post stating they were looking to do something about it was in Nov 2005. If I am missing the update then please direct me to it because I am in the software today in 2008 and I dont see a graphic size sugesstion.

10. valleyboy

valleyboy

Graphic size problems

Hi Guys
    I'm new to this software (today) so perhaps I'm trying to do things with it that it just doesn't do, but I created a banner using template 43 and it looks extremely good!

First step ok.

I then exported it and it worked.

Second step ok.

I then increased the size of the banner on my html page.
    The text etc still displays well but the imported pictures are blurred.

Is there any way of increasing the banner size prior to export or a way of improving the images?

Regards

Paul