1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Gradient color in Circle text not holding

Discussion in 'Web Graphics Creator' started by Petrus Lee, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Petrus Lee

Petrus Lee

I find that if I select a gradient color for text within an image of a circle and make the text curve along the inner top part of a circle (by selecting Circle option), the text will lose the gradient color and defaults to a single tone. However, if I change the text color to "Normal", then I will see the gradient color.

Why is this?
  2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Founder of Laughingbird Software Staff Member

Hi Petrus.

Yes, this is because the center of the gradient is at the center of the text's circle. See image 1 below.
    You can play around with the gradient settings to get a better look. Make the text bigger, and/or closer to the center of the circle.

The better solution is to create only one text element for the top circle, and another text element for the bottom circle. (see image 2. There is only one text item here and the gradient shows up fine).

Create your top text.
    Choose Duplicate from the MODIFY menu. (see image 3)

Click on the new (duplicated) text. Put this text on line 2 in the text dialog box (see image 4).

Hope this helps a bit Petrus!

- Marc

Attached Files: