Got my first couple logos done!

Discussion in 'Logo Designs' started by TyHaegs, Sep 22, 2007.

1. TyHaegs

TyHaegs

this is my first logo software and attempt to create a logo so be gentle...but please criticize!

logo description - this is a logo for a brand i am creating

[​IMG]

logo description - this is a logo i came up with for my paintball team

[​IMG]

logo description - this is a logo i am submitting to a company who needs a logo for their landscaping company

[​IMG]

2. BWC

BWC

Hi TyHaegs, did you design these 3 using the Logo Creator? I think all three look pretty good. I assume you've shown these to those who were loooking for them. What have been their comments on your designs?

3. TyHaegs

TyHaegs

thanks

yes all 3 were done in logo creator (i have no other programs like this)

the first 2 are for myself and the lawn care one is for a landscaping company and i just emailed it to him...so feedback yet

4. BWC

BWC

Do you want more input and designs for that? It would help to know a little background about the company itself; not where but who the owner is type of info . . . like; is the company a young company or long established? As an older guy, I have had experience with art and character design as well as sign painting, striping, etc. for companies similar to this. I have some existing designs and some designed by others that most definitely will give you more ideas and, above all, inspiration to go further. . . . that is, if you're interested . . . . lemme know . . .

5. TyHaegs

TyHaegs

sorry i meant to say "no" feedback yet...and as far as the company info goes right now i know as much as you, just the name.

but yes i would love to see some inspirational designs that will hopefully give me some great ideas! thanks

6. BWC

BWC

That's great because I've been working on your project. The following image is much smaller than the one I've saved to be able to rework it in TLC. I've got a few touchup ideas to that I'll be right back on so hang tight . . . check this out in the meantime and tell me what you think . . .
    [​IMG]

7. TyHaegs

TyHaegs

yes that is pretty cool...but like you said i wish i knew a little bit more about the person that wants the logo done

"I'm starting a lawn care company call Atlantic Lawn Care. Its based out of daytona and most of the houses we do are on the ocean. I want A unique logo that that will stick out in our customers minds."

this is his request ...and all i know

8. BWC

BWC

How did you come into contact with him? We can mash this out by the end of the evening if you want to make some scratch quick . . .

9. TyHaegs

TyHaegs

he was on a forum

10. BWC

BWC

Can you re-establish the conversation with him?

11. TyHaegs

TyHaegs

i have sent him emails and everything...havent personally talked with him yet, its no biggie..i guess i will just create a few more till he contacts me back

12. BWC

BWC

So, I guess you're not interested in my design????

13. awalck

awalck Staff Member

Welcome to the forum TyHaegs. Great start with TLC. I particularly liked the Tsumani logo. It's crisp and simple. Good job.

Brian, nice artwork, but as far as a logo?, I don't think I'd wear the t-shirt if I worked for them. But, that's just my opinion. I say this as a business owner first, of course, plus it would cost a lot more to place that on my trucks and my shirts due to the detail and all that color. As a logo designer, you are right, it is difficult to start when you haven't talked with the client to see what he/she has in mind or desires. Keep up the enthusiasm. Be patient though; you only gave TyHaegs 26 minutes to decide if they liked your design. :)

14. BWC

BWC

I'm a sign & design man. I go for the eye candy first. The owner wanted an eye-catching design . . . and I didn't know I had to wait a certain period of time before carrying on with a conversation.

15. TyHaegs

TyHaegs

i like the logo but using my best judgment from what i can make of what he needs...at this time i just think he would like a simple and to the point logo, and it seems a little fairytale-ish for a man in landscaping

but i do appreciate the help!

and thanks for the compliment awalck :image28:

16. BWC

BWC

You never said it was a man in landscaping. You said a person doing lawn care. And they wnted to appeal to those along the coast; i.e.; women who want lawn care. When requesting things, part of the conversation could involve working with what's available. The fairy in the image doesn't have to be there. Or whatever . . .

Here ya go . . . here's a few more examples but these belong to a friend of mine by the name of Antonelli [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. BWC

BWC

Have fun . . .

18. TyHaegs

TyHaegs

i said him...but i guess i should have been a little more clear

the new designs are cool