Good People Need Logo

Discussion in 'Logo Designs' started by JSKY, Dec 4, 2007.

1. JSKY

JSKY

Hi Everyone,

It has been long time since I posted here first time. Unfortunately LCD does not work on my Vista PC (basic Japanese), though I downloaded English language pack, that`s why I decided not to purchase it until developers will do something about it.
    Anyway I really need nice logo for my website:
    http://www.iroiroshop.com/

It`s not ready yet, but I put some stuff for test purposes.
    This shop will have many kind of items, not just one specific goods. "iroiro" in japanese means "various" and "colors". My meaning is "various"

Can someone come with some nice idea? Logo which will have some meaning, not what I`ve made on Fireworks.
    I would say "iroiroshop" equal various accessories, items shop
    I want to keep as "iroiro". I put "various" in my non-meaning logo, but I want to skip it.

I will very appreciate any help. Thank You in advance:image28:

Adam

2. OldenGray

OldenGray

Adam
    In thinking about your website, I don't think there will be very many people (in the U.S.) who will do a search for "IROIRO". I trust that you have added all the pertinent information in your meta tags so that web crawlers will hit on the appropriate key words. On the other hand, I see nothing wrong with your approach to a straight typeset word mark like "IROIRO," just jazz it up with one of the fonts in Logo Creator, then you might also add the kanji character for "various" as a part of the logo. Once you have that character in a *.jpeg file, then you can import it into Logo Creator as one of the elements. I hope this helps you somewhat. I'll follow this thread to see if others have any more ideas for you.
    Olden

3. KD-did

KD-did

Unfortunately Adam discovered he can't use TLC ,there has had issues with the international ( Japanese) version of Vista and TLC. He has been working with "Fireworks" which is a very nice program but not as user friendly as TLC.

Adam, how about keeping it simple ...have a distinctive O with a treasure chest or shopping cart inside and maybe a banner ribbon with the name IROIRO on it and add a tagline for the rest?

4. JSKY

JSKY

Hi,

Thank you both of you for being here for me. KD-did you were always for me even in the past. (see my previous threads) THANK YOU. :image28:
    Oldengray I tried kanji for "iro" but I didn`t like it. My wife is japanese and she also didn`t like it, kind of "this kanji" is not cute.
    I still have to check fonts problem though.
    By the way KD-did your idea sounds good. Can you "show" me what do you mean? Would you kindly like to make it? I will very appreciate it. There are may come more nice people here with ideas, but never know.
    Fireworks is nice but not so good as photoshop, furthermore it allows me to do some small job as I put now on the web. TLC would certainly add more to it.
    I want this software:image25:

Thank You again

5. paperworxny

paperworxny

Here is an idea...

I checked out the site. Here is an idea for "various" and "color" in conjunction with your product theme. Hope you find what you are looking for.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. JSKY

JSKY

paperworxny

Thank you for idea. It looks good, though...I`d rather skip english "various" word. I want to keep only iroiro. Next would be color match blue and red is....kind of...hmmm....I`m sorry.

I had another idea too, please see attached png.
    I will consider any idea which come here.
    Once again, I very, very appreciate your help and making logo. If you can try without "various".
    My idea is not super perfect yet, because as I mentioned at the beginning I want to have sense and meaning as "various" not just color, but combined together as you tried it`s really nice. :image28:

Attached Files:

• logo.png
      logo.png
      File size:
      34.2 KB
      Views:
  7. JSKY

JSKY

Kanji Ok

oldengray

Let`s give a try. I attached .png with kanji "iroiro"

I would very appreciate if nice people can come with something good. I want to cnsider both non-kanji just iroiro and with kanji.

THANK YOU ALL OF YOU FOR HELP :image28:

Attached Files:

8. KD-did

KD-did

I wasn't sure about the fine line on the first character...it looked to me as if it didn't belong so I edited the image so it would not be there. Here is my concept visualized.

9. Randy...

Randy... Guest

[​IMG]

I like your simple design here. I would suggest maybe adding some depth to the spheres and text.

10. JSKY

JSKY

attached pictures with my fonts folder, which probably shouldn`t be there with "A"
    I`m sorry a little bit out of topic, but want to have this software too badly:image25:

Attached Files:

11. KD-did

KD-did

It is you thread so you aren't really high jacking it... I am not certain if it is just an icon or if it is the font folder's name. BUT it does look a lot different than what I am use looking at. Strange I don't see the font named Arial in your font folder, which I thought was a must have font....

12. JSKY

JSKY

Thanks again. I will check it. I have many, many fonts in my Office 2007 though and Arials are there. I think to download some additional fonts to Windows.

Adam

13. KD-did

KD-did

I have simplified the logo chest design.

14. paperworxny

paperworxny

Another Try - Same Concept

JSKY -

How are these? I tried to incorporate the variety through color and changed the font up. What do you think?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. paperworxny

paperworxny

Circle only

I looked at the board again and wondered if I could simplify the logo some more...:image10-1:here it is. I actually think this one looks better.

[​IMG]

16. JSKY

JSKY

paperworxny Thank you for being back here. I like that last one too. Let me confirm with another person who make decision as well. Personally I like it.

KD-didThank you too for great ideas. As I mentioned above I need to show to someone else.

Great work both of you. Each idea is wroth big THANK YOU:image28:

17. KD-did

KD-did

I shared some 50 images here in the forum and thought maybe this would be a stretch but it does make for an interesting design.