Globe needed

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by wongard, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wongard

wongard

Guys, any ideas where I can find a world globe (similar to the one in the Orbs elements of TLC) which would have Australia on it? needs to have a transparent background also. I have tried looking at clipart but can't find anything usable.
    Thanks
    Peter

2. KD-did

KD-did

You could make one yourself with TLC. First download a dingbat called "GeoBats" from Dingbats > Various fonts | dafont.com. Use a font viewer to find out which letter triggers the Australia image. Place on an orb of your liking .

3. wongard

wongard

visited the site and saved the image. But how do i upload it into TLC?

4. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Using the import function on the file menu.

5. wongard

wongard

Sounds like a good idea but there is only a import image function under the file menu and this won't upload the font.

6. Randy...

Randy... Guest

I'm sorry (to early in the morning when I read it first) --- you'll need to make sure you the font that you downloaded is installed and listed in your System Font folder. Then, you just type it in....just like text, but only the shape will appear.

7. wongard

wongard

ok have downloaded 2 fonts to this location
    C:\Program Files\The Logo Creator v5\Resources\canvas\fonts
    after extracting them from zip files. I note they are in a TTF format not a cxt format.

Anyhow I cha't seem to find them in TLC.

Ideas?

8. Randy...

Randy... Guest

You won't be able to see them in your embedded TLC font option. You'll have to copy and paste and then insert that file into your systems font folder, they'll then show up in the system font option button.

9. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Install them to "c:\windows\fonts"...then they will be available in TLC under "System Fonts" the next time you use the program. Hope this helps :)

10. wongard

wongard

thanks warlock.
    Another quick question for you though. In poking around the last few minutes, ok hours, I came across a number of other templates which are not in the TLC Trial Logos, the Corporate Set, Spiritual Set or Sports set that I have all purchased. Are these the ones that you receive when you "unlock" your TLC. And if so how do you unlock the net version? there is no where to put in an unlock code. Thanks

11. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Go into your C: -> Windows -> Fonts

12. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Randy...On a PC... Fonts or Windows is not in "Program Files" And Windows has its own directory.
    It would still be wrong if he did that.

13. Randy...

Randy... Guest

You are correct, corrected above.

14. Worlock

Worlock Guest

If you recieved an unlock code ( xxxx-xxxx ) and youve inputed it...you shouldnt have to unlock it again...All you would need to do is install the templates in the TLC Program..:)

Now you can do this manually if needed by going to c:\program files\The Logo Creator V?\ logo libraries\ , And select the proper folder in which to install them in.
    Have you updated your program to the current version out now ?¿?

Check Here:
    http://www.logodesignforum.com/forums/logo-creator-updates/5026-logo-creator-5-1-update.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.