Given up on PC's Moved To iMac

Discussion in 'Questions or troubles updating' started by Marilyn Bradley, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Marilyn Bradley

Marilyn Bradley

I have been a TLC fan for many years, and happily created on a PC .. as of this week, I have totally given up on PC's and moved entirely to Macs and loving the way everything JUST WORKS .. BUT I'm wondering about moving TLC to my iMac... I deliberately bought one with an Intel Chip in the hope it would allow for more inter changeable software, including my expensive and extensive software collection .. Unable to use Photoshop CS5 .. so there goes a few grand, now I'm concerned about TLC ... I have collections dating back to when Marc first started this, and have every add on available, including the old animated logo collection, my question is .. because this iMac has an Intel Chip can I install TLC onto my iMac, and the add ons, or just need the MAC TLC and the add ons will work with it, or do I have to either lose or have to repurchase EVERYTHING ... I have them all ...

2. KD-did

KD-did

If your Photoshop CS5 is on a CD check ...Adobe often have both formats on one CD.

My experience has been TLC pretty much ran the same, however, SYSTEM fonts were less on an issue on PC, While the system fonts would run in other applications they didn't always work on the TLC Mac side.

I have used Parallels Desktop and run both formats on one computer.
    Ran XP and Tiger on my iMac.Never ran an antiviral when on the PC side and never had an issue in 5 years....never open email there and only visited trusted sites.And never ever used or allowed IE to stay on my computers.Get and run downloads.... that's it without issues.

http://www.parallels.com/landingpag...ride=1&src=r&gclid=COz6mq7djMECFZSFfgodLSQAIw

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
    gcuneo2 likes this.
  3. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

KD-DID: I know nuthin' about macs...

Just because the I mac is run off of an Intel CPU doesn't mean you would be able to simply install windows software- you would have to have the same sort of setup you have with that parallel desktop stuff, right?

snginc likes this.
  4. KD-did

KD-did

Running as a virtual machine using Parallels Desktop is the only way to go as I am concerned.Life without bumps is the only way to go. I don't speak geek well enough to know of other options. One computer can have many different set-ups

XP Win 7, Win8 all on one machine. :cheer:All my computers have had the Intel CPU for years. It is nice to know that the hardware doesn't or will not have issues .

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014