Getting used to the Creator Logo

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by V4Vendetta, Mar 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. V4Vendetta

V4Vendetta

Hi all,

I am the Secretary for Scottish Deaf Golf Association.

Our current logo (see my avatar) has been shown since 1986. Our members and I feel that it is outdated so we decided to redesign the logo for Scottish Deaf Golf Association.

I would like to try making some logos and let our members decide the best one. I just bought the The Sports Pak Logo Edition to try it out.

Can you give me any tips? I would like to see some images involving golf.

2. Randy...

Randy... Guest

I've moved this into our Help area. Importing items into TLC is very easy, so you can easily adapt any of the stock logos or create a new logo by importing golf art. If you could also provide some additional details as far as the look and feel that you are wanting with the new look, there may be some here that could create some rough drafts for you to jump start your creative juices.

Happy Logo Hunting!!

3. V4Vendetta

V4Vendetta

4. V4Vendetta

V4Vendetta

I have done importing an image of a original golf ball into one of your templates, but how do I get rid of a golf ball's white background?

See pictured below...

[​IMG]

5. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Them nasty white backgrounds!! :image10-1:

You can try importing that image into TLC onto a blank canvas and then export it as a transparent png file. Then import that image back into this logo. Or, you can search for a golf ball png file - this will not have a white background.

Post just the golf ball file and maybe someone here can convert it for you. Or, provide you with one you can use. But, I would like you to try my first suggestion. It's good practice. Sometimes I get it to work, sometimes not. Just really depends on the quality of the file I guess.

6. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

give me a couple of hours to get done what i have to do and i will try and get something put together for you
    to remove the white background go to modify and scroll toward`s the bottom (remove white background)
    this should do the trick ,a lot of us use this option but if that doesn't come to clear transfer to photo shop and clean it there
    failing that just add it to the forum i will get it and clean it for you

graham

7. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Also, are you looking for something to replace the banner on your site? That would be the place I would put a new logo, to show it off!

8. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

well you beat me to it digger lmao

9. Randy...

Randy... Guest

My man Lamo to the rescue again. Thanks.

I guess I should have told him about that 'remove white background' button, but frankly I've not had much luck with that due to crappy grainy artwork.

10. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

11. V4Vendetta

V4Vendetta

The site template is on Freewebs.com.

We are looking for the redesigned logo to show it off on stationery (mostly letters), golf balls, team shirts etc. We want to beat the auld enemy England in the coming August!

:image07: :image28:

I know it is possible to replace the site logo but it is not important right now.

:image24:

12. V4Vendetta

V4Vendetta

13. Randy...

Randy... Guest

You understand the area you have requested a new logo, that you may get designers that will help, but there may be costs associated with their efforts.

14. V4Vendetta

V4Vendetta

Ok, I hope it won't be too expensive!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.