Getting reacquainted ...

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator Gallery' started by Flotsom, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Flotsom

Flotsom

So it turns out there were potential issues with the use of the image in my previous logo for my friend's aerobatic school. He sold that plane and the new owner kept the star and Russian name "Aerobatika". He also runs an aerobatic school, so we decided that the use of that image could lead to confusion, and even hard feelings on the part of the new owner and his potential students. On the other hand my friend paid for the domain name of Aerobatika.com so that much is going to stay. I have designed 2 more possible logos for him and I have a 3rd in progress. Thought I would post the other 2 just because I really like them, and they show how versatile and easy TLC is to use. Evil Empire 2.png Evil Empire 3.png

snginc and KD-did like this.
  2. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Well, I hope you're open to a little criticism, good and bad.

First, thanks for posting. I love to see what other users are doing as it helps spur my own imagination and I'm sure other users feel the same way.

Having said that, I love the first logo ( though the 'm' and 'p' in Empire overlap a little )! Just need to adjust the spacing a little. The second logo, really does nothing for me. I know it's all centered, but the way the 'P' is styled makes everything look off-center. Just my opinion.

The first logo, I like the color, the font and shadow. I think this looks really good. That's a logo you can easily add to letterheads, email and more. Very nice.

3. Flotsom

Flotsom

Oh, I am totally open to criticism ... that's the only way I can get better. After all, a logo is for the eyes of the people you're showing it to, more than the person who designed it. The designer always likes it, don't they? Or they wouldn't put it out there. ;) How others see it is what counts though, since the idea is to attract potential clientele with it. So ... that's a very wordy way of saying, "thanks!"
    I like the 2nd logo in concept, but it definitely looks a bit off balance now that you point that out. I was trying to make a biplane out of the words, and when I couldn't quite get there, I tried throwing the outline of the plane around it, to help carry it off. It was worth a shot. I may play with it a bit more to see if I can't get it work, but maybe it's just too busy and clumsy.

4. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Actually, the 2nd logo could work I think. Maybe with a small plane logo, or maybe smaller text. I guess it'll depend on how big you need the logo to appear. Post back if you get a re-design. Be interested to see what you come up with! :)

5. Flotsom

Flotsom

Okey dokey, so here's the latest with my logo endeavors for the Evil Empire ... the slogan, "Take Flying to a New Level" was replaced with "Take Your Flying to New Heights!" I also worked over a picture of Dave's Pitts and the Golden Gate bridge that he went crazy over, and the above slogan was what was pasted over the smoke trail behind the Pitts. I will uploaded that at the very bottom of this. The logos above were reworked with the new slogan, the removal of "Evil Empire" altogether, and a reduction of text size on the biplane logo, as well as the removal of the horizontal text that unbalanced things. Not that these ideas have been approved yet, but ... I'm hoping he'll like one. These would be for school/team shirts, etc. Thank you for all your comments, keep 'em coming, they only help me get better! :)
    EE2.jpg Shirt Logo.jpg Shirt Logo E3b.jpg FS-7.jpg

gunsmoke likes this.
  6. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Flotsom, well done! I actually like all of them!! But the last one with the Golden Gate is outstanding!!! Love it. Very nice.:a plus:

Flotsom likes this.
  7. Flotsom

Flotsom

:happy dance:Wow, awesome ... thanks!

8. Flotsom

Flotsom

Compliments and constructive criticism are always appreciated! And as far as time in the forum goes, if you can describe what you like or don't like, then your eye and opinion are of value to anyone wanting input. Speaking for myself at least, never hesitate to comment on something I post, if you have something you want to contribute ... and thanks for the compliments too! :)

9. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

I'm glad you chimed in here LBS_Fan! We try not to bash though I know on forums you really open yourself up sometimes. What we are trying to do is create a positive community that helps one another. We are trying to encourage more users to join the forum and participate in discussions.

So again, thanks for joining in and welcome to the community! :cowboyno:

Flotsom likes this.