Full Version Logo Creator for MAC OSX

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself!' started by rac666, Jun 12, 2014.

1. rac666

rac666

Just purchased full version of Logo Creator for Mac OSX my Mac V 10.9.3. I followed link sent to me to download. All I get are 14 templates (the ones that are in V6.8), I've uninstalled and reinstalled. I keep getting the same thing not the full version.
    Has anyone had this problem? Can someone direct me to the link for the full version for MAC?
    I've sent an email to Marc but haven't heard back yet. Would appreciate some help.
    Thank you.

2. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Hi rac666, sorry to hear you're having problems. I don't use a MAC myself but I know KD-did does so hopefully she will pop in soon. In the meantime, try following this link to look up your order and download it again... https://laughingbirdsoftware.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

How big was the download file? Maybe you got the update instead of the full, or didn't get it all. If you still have problems after trying to re-download, then pop over to facebook and see if you can get a hold of Marc. He's around, just busy.

Then check back here and see if KD-did or another MAC user is around. We'll get you going somehow . . .

3. rac666

rac666

Thanks Gunsmoke. I did try that still not working, file size is 236MB. Size on invoice shows 225MB. I did hear from Marc he requested my order number so he cold look up and try to figure out what the issue is.
    I will keep an eye out for KD.

4. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

The 14 templates are what comes with the "trial version" of TLC. I do believe what you got as a download link is the trial version, NOT the full version.

Now there could be a couple of other reasons:

1. You are actually clicking on the trial version icon, and not the full version icon (I always have multiple version of The Logo Creator installed). They look alike, they smell alike, but when you start the trial version, you only have access to 14 templates.

2. you got the wrong download link. For windows the trail version is close to 190MB in size-- the full version is 236MB, give or take---- The MAC versions are just about the same.

The full version of TLC comes with about 202 templates (that's within 4 of the actual number- but it is over 200 templates.

5. rac666

rac666

Hi gcuneo2:
    That's what I thought at first so I uninstalled & reinstalled multiply times. I even used different links that were sent to me just in case one of them was wrong.
    The download file says "full version" and is 236MB. What I did (just now) noticed when I click on Elements in my Document folder and open it says "Trial Version".
    So I manually removed the Element folder and reinstalled now I have all the templates.

Thank you to all that have given help. Because of you suggestions I started thinking past normal parameters.

Thanks again:bow::thanks:

gcuneo2 likes this.
  6. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Hmmm, so if you had the 'Trial Version' installed, the 'FULL' version wasn't installing? That's interesting. Maybe Marc needs to post something ( if he hasn't already ) about 'Uninstalling' the trial BEFORE you install the FULL version. Sounds like it would have prevented this problem.

Glad you got it going rac666. Let us know if you need anything more.

7. rac666

rac666

For some reason that's what was happening to me, don't know if other MAC users had same problem. I did send email to Marc updating him.
    All in all I'm just happy I'm up and running. Just did my logo for my website and it looks exactly as I envisioned.
    Thanks again everyone!

gcuneo2 likes this.
  8. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Fun, ain't it! :cool1:

9. snginc

snginc

Sounds like the Mac gremlins have been busy!