Frustrating

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by Lamo1graphic, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

is it just me or does everyone feel the same way when you post on a thread and you have taken the time to do the graphical work for them and they do no reply or visit the thread again

may be its just me and it makes my blood boil::image06-3: :image14:

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Yes Graham.
    I agree.

I've been watching this particular area for quite some time.

What should we do about this in here? It needs fixing.

Perhaps some sort of contract can be posted. One that the user asking for Logo Help can read, and digitally sign.
    ...Or you can PM the contract over.

If they refuse to 'sign' the contract, move on.

Any thoughts from anybody on this?

- Marc

3. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Personally, I think it's the risk one takes when replying to a post for help, frustrating as it may be.

How about having the mod issues a standard 'your request has been closed' email/pm to the individual due to a non-response, maybe after a 48 hr time frame. If no response after 24 hours after that, the post is closed and deposited into a 'trash can' forum. Only to be resurrected if the mod is satisfied that the member will participate. Just an idea.

4. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Digger has the idea that me and a few other mods here talked about a few months ago. It is probably one of the better ideas of dealing with this.

After 48 hours if no response then the thread will be closed and moved out of public eye view.

There are two many people that come here just for ideas and take what you do and go pay someone else to do it for them or just use it. Heck some even take your ideas and go use it in contest for them to win as their own idea. So it is a very hard area to control. There is honestly no way to stop it.

5. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Sounds like a good plan.

6. blackpualani

blackpualani

http://www.logodesignforum.com/forums/raves-rants/5298-no-response-close-request.html

Thats my idea... goes along with youall....

i am just gonna post there & if you guys decide to do so also - great - at least we will have some record of what is going & what is not going...

7. Randy...

Randy... Guest

We are working on getting things cleaned up in the logo request area. I think to keep things really clean, we need two additional forum areas...one where we place the logo requests that are dead due to lack of feedback from the requester and another one where we move them after a request has been successfully completed. This will allow the request area to only have requests in it. In the next few weeks, I'd like to start cleaning up that area and getting things running smoothly for our participating members.

Please give us some time. Mods here are volunatarily on the board and sometimes it just takes us time to get to everything.

8. blackpualani

blackpualani

Totally willing to help ..... Give me some guidelines & a mod access & i will help as much as posible.

Maybe if mods had specific threads they were responsible for - than the task would be easliy completed.

I have lots of free time right now & would be able to cut though some stuff fast.

I think a time limitation like 182 days would be good also .....

9. Randy...

Randy... Guest

You won't have any free time if we get things running right...you'll be to be busy designing logos....:image10-2: :image16-1: With some things that Marc has planned shortly, we should see more visitors to the website.

10. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

amen to that brother do you remember this logo i did for this guy well i found them using this about four months later

[​IMG]

i think that we have to try and put some sort limitation on the amount of time these are on display to there eyes and also we will have to start misspelling parts and doing things with the logo to stop them imitating our work!!!!!