Frustrating as heck

Discussion in 'General Support' started by MBH, Aug 15, 2014.

1. MBH

MBH

I got a new computer installed my Ad Creator 2.5 and when I type in my license code it keeps rejecting it even though I have the email receipt and cut and paste it in.

Then I go and fill out the support form and no answer or reply. Says they respond within 8hrs. 8hrs?

So I go to their website, see that I can get Logo Creator for $13 so I figure for $13 why not. Maybe I could use this to create what I need and not wait a day.

I pay thru PayPal, get a bunch of emails, one with a password and a link. I click the link, type in my email address and password and it tells me no such customer with that email address ! I'm cutting and pasting from the email they send me.

Then I search their website for a phone number and they don't post their phone number... I can understand why now.

Then I search their website for live chat. No phone. No chat.

Now I get an email response that says click this link to download your software. It takes me to a page that asks for my email address again. I type it in, I cut and paste it in and it tells me that no customer has that email address.

2. KD-did

KD-did

3. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

I'd just like to clarify...you say you 'went to their website...'

Who's website ?

Also, just so you know...Flash Ad Creator is an older program and ( I think ) not supported anymore. Doesn't mean your's should not install and work fine. But Marc has a new program in the pipeline that will make it obsolete. Also be aware that a FLASH Ad will not be seen by anyone with an Apple phone/tablet. You're limiting your target audience. You should use an Animated GIF instead. Several ways to create those. Let me know if you'd like more information.

4. MBH

MBH

5. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

The flash ad creator, version 2.5, was released on February 19th, in 2008!

How long ago was your purchase? Usually, now, the download links are only good for a year at the most.

6. MBH

MBH

It is old. Bought it in 2009. It serves it purpose for me but if there's a newer program that will work with a greater audience I'm open to it. Right now I just need something that works. I need to get 3 things done right now and I'm dead in the water.

7. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

gcuneo2 likes this.
  8. MBH

MBH

9. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

To the best of my knowledge, which is pretty good, the flash ad creator is, like gunsmoke has said, is no longer supported. The software used to make the actual program has changed dramatically as well.

Are You trying to create actual flash ads?

10. MBH

MBH

I've got to create a digital ad, flv if animated or gig/jpg if static. I'm probably going to go static.... wasted a lot of time today.

11. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

If you want to create an ad or banner, and want options for flash, gif and whatever, this is what I use... http://www.bannerdesignerpro.com/

If you decide to buy, use code EMSB0PC for 20% off. You can import graphics from TLC easily.

12. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Oh, I must have been typing...Well TLC makes great static ads! Or if you have the 'Animated 3D Character Pak' then you can do even more amazing things!

13. KD-did

KD-did

Being the order was done years ago the e commerce would have been DigitalRiver which Marc hasn't used for years and of course DigitalRiver would no longer have the records or download links available.:computer: