FREE Public Domain images

Discussion in 'General Support' started by KD-did, Jan 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KD-did

KD-did

2. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Thanks KD-did!

3. snginc

snginc

thanks!

4. Jerry Samuels

Jerry Samuels

I'm using version 6.0 of the software and I think it's great, with one exception: the way it saves the work. I would get so much more use out of this great software if it would reopen the work the way we saved it previously. But before i continue I'm almost certain you will tell me to update to the latest version (by the way is it free?) So I will do that. But in this version, 6.0, the lunacy is in the software. If for example you save three different color layers: red-1,black-2 and blue-3...when you reopen that template those layers will be completely disorganized.

So my real question is does the latest version of the software still save poorly or has that major flaw been corrected? Thanks, in advance.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  5. KD-did

KD-did

As I am understanding your point..... I am not quite certain why you have an issue with the way TLC saves the layers of the work template? It is an auto save...so it saves what is there immediately . If power goes out while you are working your work is saved.It is so each part can be edited at a later time. You only need to EXPORT your work to have it one file.

Yes, it still saves the work in the same manner. Because it is a editable layered process it will remain that way

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
    snginc likes this.
  6. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

What was described happens (layers being mucked up when you reopen the template) sometimes in the older version of the software (On Windows computers) when that dang DS_STORE file is there, and also when the THUMBS.DB (Windows version of DS_STORE) gets corrupted. Delete em all (Both DS_STORE and THUMBS.DB)-- they are automatically created as needed, your problem should go away.

ABOUT UPDATES: Version 6.8 represents a major upgrade to the interface.

The old policy of "Upgrades are always free" is gone, and thankfully dead. Many users dig up a receipt from 10-12 years ago, but typically 6-8 years old, and send in a support request "Gimme the latest version because I spent $29 years ago"-- there is not a program out there I am aware of that offers free updates forever.

Marc and I have discussed this type of situation-- a user who has a receipt from 6 years ago, typically just got an email about the new stuff, hasn't used it in years, but figures "Ill just send in my receipt and get the latest version, for free...."-- it will never happen.

5 years is the limit now. If you have been updating the software all along, generally it's no problem.

"The buck stops with me" when it comes to such requests.

snginc likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.