FREE program for Graphic Design and Vector Drawing Software

Discussion in 'Resource & Recommendations' started by KD-did, Jun 28, 2005.

1. KD-did

KD-did

2. KD-did

KD-did

You will need to register to get a FREE key. :bana:

3. WHBea

WHBea

Nice Program....

This is a great program Katie. I'm still exploring it but at first glance it seems easy enough to use. Would a sign maker or a silk screener be able to use files saved or exported from this program? I would like to be able to give customers files of their logos that could be used anywhere (that means vector drawn logos, to me)... I think a great weakness of TLC is that I can not make vector drawn files of any of my logos.

I understand that a vector drawn logo would be more limited with the gradient fills and shadows but sometimes the logos that are made here on the forum would not transfer well to a different use or medium. So I'm interested in finding a program to take up the slack. I know of the more expensive programs like Illustrator and Freehand.

I would appreciate any knowledge anyone has of the file formatts sign makers and silk screen printers are looking for when a job is brought to them.

Bill : )

4. Keeper

Keeper

Is it my PC but I can't access either of the posted links my screen just sits there blank whilst the bottom bar says "Transferring Date from..blah, blah, blah.."?

5. KD-did

KD-did

Keeper, it maybe your computer or the site was extra busy or was having maintence done when you made your attemt. Try copying the address and then pasting it in your browsers search.

6. Keeper

Keeper

Thanks for that dumpster, you as usual were right although I was 'locked' out for some time. Anyway now I have two worms on my PC (unrelated to this subject) so until they are hunted down and destroyed and all the MS stuff they've disabled reinstated I am not going to be able to do anything.

Slightly off topic: I've been looking to make 'flash banners' etc for the 'not particularly good' websites I author and I was wondering, as you my 'dumpster' friend, are in the know how the Ad Creator will size up for this sort of task in comparison say with Cystal Software which is one package I have been researching (amongst others).

Thanks in advance for any help or advice if you can give it...

7. Texas

Texas

Might Want To Try This One

I have purchased MANY nice flash programs, you might want to look at a program called Sothink SWF Quicker. They let you run it for 30 days. It is amazing all the things you can do. The thing I like the best about it is, you can capture ANY flash animation that comes on your screen then pull it into the program and work on only the text portion or replace the graphics with your graphics. It is VERY easy to use and they have some nice tutorials on their site.

It has some amazing special effects and it very reasonably priced..

Just a thought..

8. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

Great program but a shame that feature only leads to ripping somebody elses work instead of promoting and stimulating creativity.
    Try in a flash by http://www.netgui.com/ you can make flash animations with standard sizes, you can place elements and tekst and animate both either by hand or use the builtin standard animations.
    MD

9. Texas

Texas

Didnt mean that

I NEVER meant to suggest that anybody should "rip off" somebody elses work. I was referring to the sites that give you free flash sample animations. Sorry if I left any other impression. I will check out your recommendation. Tks

10. Keeper

Keeper

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the tips, if you chaps has any other flash banner making software you know about I'd be grateful..I've got a few I am looking at. The main criteria is to be able to add my own images and really 'tart' them up and to be able to do more or less what I like I suppose, BUT, and it's a big but, it has to be fairly easy to use (like TLC) because I am an idiot!

Maybe Ad Creator will be what I am looking for!

Rather than keep posting here if anyone wants to let me know of any they've found they can PM me I don't mind.

Lastly has anyone used Crystal Graphics Software it looks pretty good although I haven't given it a test drive yet! I'd be interested in any opinions!

Cheers.
    DSt

11. KD-did

KD-did

Give Xara3D a whirl.All their products are EASY to use and very reasonable.http://www.xara.com/

12. maryann

maryann

Katie... have you tried the 3-D software from the site you recommended?

13. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

Didn't think you were mate!
    :jester:
    MD

14. KD-did

KD-did

maryann, I have their entire product line and have had for a couple of years!
    with just a couple of clicks you can have 3D and animation...see attachment.

15. maryann

maryann

thanks... I'm going to give the 3D program a try...

16. KD-did

KD-did

Good to see you around the forum,maryann!!!!Let me know how you like it.

17. maryann

maryann

I came back a few times, but I could not do anything, because I had to re-log on and I forgot my user name and password...
    nice to be back! :bighug:

18. Keeper

Keeper

Me too! It looks really spiffy and nearly idiot proof. Let's put it this way, if I can get decent results after using it then it has to go down as HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR ANYONE...Just like TLC!

19. KD-did

KD-did

I am lost..which software are you referring to?

20. Keeper

Keeper

Err this one

Xara 3D

It looks really good and I shall be downloading the demo tonight. I think the price is reasonable and if I can use it successfully then anyone can!

Sorry about the confusion - I am really good at making people feel that way when I talk!!

DSt