Fonts/Text wont work at all

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by rodneyjm, Nov 30, 2009.

1. rodneyjm

rodneyjm

Fonts/text wont work.

I have been using this software for a long time, upgraded my computer with Windows 7. Bought a new cd of logo creator but when I go to add text the font drop down list doesn't show up?

2. KD-did

KD-did

Have you done a cold reboot?

3. rodneyjm

rodneyjm

Hello

Computer has been restarted a few times if thats what you mean. I have used this program a lot in the past but when I installed Windows & for some reason now the fonts won't work or let me add them to my design.

4. KD-did

KD-did

I was just wondering if you did a cold reboot after installing TLC. What happens when you start with a template? Did you get a new or fresh download of your original order? Using a CD for installation there may have been an update that has happened since it was burnt if you bought a retail version.There is no way to know how long the TLC was on the stores shelves. If you did you may need to update your TLC from the time of your original was burnt. Is it you can not scroll through your system fonts and/or embedded fonts ... then try using F9 and see if that clears your font issue.

If the problems still persist you will want to get a fresh download after removing TLC from the program files. To be on the safe side you will turn off any accelerators and anti-virals for the download or installation.The reason being you'll want to start with a clean slate and turnoff things that can interfere with installers.

What program did you use to unpack the zipped files?

There was an update because there were font issues on ONLY some computers.
    http://www.laughingbirdsoftware.com/TLC-Update-to-version-5.1.html

You may want to check to see that the system fonts that you want to use are in the PRIMARY font folder and not install to a sub font folder. TLC will be able to see the fonts installed to a subfolder but it will not access the fonts for usage.