Fonts Missing

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by audstune, Oct 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. audstune

audstune

Hi...

I recently bought the Leisure set and have found that in several of the thumbnails, when selected, display a different font than is in the thumbnail. And I am unable to locate the font in the thumbnail. Has anyone encountered this problem? Is there a resolution?

:thankyou:

2. KD-did

KD-did

audstune, welcome to the forum. Some fonts had to be changed due to the fact that repackaging & reselling licensing rules had changed by the fonts designers. Marc did substitute look alikes that are in the "embedded fonts". If you can find the font on one of the font sites they can be downloaded and installed to you OS's FONT folder and be accessible in the "SYSTEM FONTs".

Some letters in the leisure set are not found under fonts but as image elements.

3. audstune

audstune

Hi...

Thanks for the reply...there are six different thumbnails that have that problem and the substitutes are poor. I understand the problem with the repackaging & reselling licensing rules, but it takes a long time to look on the web to match a font...and it's not always free. I really feel cheated here and Marc should change the fonts in the package...or it can be considered false advertising, since the logo samples are showing you elements and fonts that work together...for you to use.

Thanks again for the response.

4. KD-did

KD-did

I hadn't noticed any fonts being shown in a template that wasn't in the embedded fonts...Guess I'll have to check more closly.

Which template fonts are you wanting? Myself or some other member maybe able to help you locate it for free as you will not be repackaging for resale.
    Fonts can usually found free but are under a different name. Members are usually very happy to help locate the fonts.

I have many fonts that WERE free downloads but now are started charging for... once the font sites realized how popular it would be....some now charging as much as $149 for single use but was once a free font.:rant:

5. audstune

audstune

Re: Missing Fonts

Hey...

Thanks, I appreciate the offer...I've attached the thumbnails where the main font is different when opened. If anyone can give me an idea of their possible names, it would be awesome...attached are 5 of the 6...I'll post a separate thread with the 6th!

Attached Files:

6. audstune

audstune

Here's the 6th...

Attached Files:

7. KD-did

KD-did

Working on it...

8. KD-did

KD-did

9. KD-did

KD-did

2nd template font name was Optima for main and Lamplighter Script for the secondary I am looking for free version. It was free but no longer. It is available to buy http://www.identifont.com/link?BM+8I+menu_vegas
    Aliases for Optima:
    Optima
    Omega

Optima
    Optimum DTC

Optima
    Ottawa

Optima (MT)
    Zapf Humanist 601 BT

Optima
    Athena

Optima
    CG Omega

Optima
    Chelmsford/II

Optima
    Musica

Optima
    October

Optima
    Optimist

Optima
    Orleans

Optima
    Ursa

Optima
    Zenith

however nothing for Lamplighter Script but you may find a really good substitute http://www.atomicfonts.com/index.php

10. KD-did

KD-did

11. KD-did

KD-did

4th is Palatino which just moved into the must buy for single use group.

Aliases:
    Palatino
    Book Antiqua

Palatino
    Palton DTC

Palatino (LAG)
    Zapf Calligraphic 801 BT

Palatino
    Andover/II

Palatino
    CG Palacio

Palatino
    Compano

Palatino
    Elegante

Palatino
    Malibu/2

Palatino
    Paladium

Palatino
    Palatine

Palatino
    Palermo

Palatino
    Parlament

Palatino
    Patina

Palatino
    Pontiac

12. KD-did

KD-did

5th is not a font but can be located as an image element.

13. KD-did

KD-did

6th is Copperplate which is another on that has moved into the much purchase group.
    Aliases for Cooperplate
    Copperplate
    Alexei

Copperplate
    Campaign

Copperplate Gothic
    Copper Pot

Copperplate Gothic
    Atalante

Copperplate Gothic
    Gothic No.29

Copperplate Gothic
    Gothic No.30

Copperplate Gothic
    Lining Plate Gothic

Copperplate Gothic
    Mimosa

Copperplate Gothic
    Spartan

14. tchristian34

tchristian34

How about for this one? I really like the logo but it doesn't appear to be in the font database.

Attached Files:

15. KD-did

KD-did

I believe that font is called Dry Cleaners and is in the embedded fonts.

16. audstune

audstune

Thanks!

17. tchristian34

tchristian34

Then I may have an issue. It does not appear in my fonts database. Also, I have seen much more than 6 templates that do not include the font that is shown in the thumbnail version. I have the MEGApak v4.1 and am wondering if there are some fonts that were inadvertently left out? Maybe this is one of them?

18. audstune

audstune

Hi...

You might want to post the thumnails of the additional ones you found in your package that are missing fonts and, perhaps, someone will be kind enough to help you find them, as was done for me. The explanantion of why some fonts are different is in the first page of this thread: http://www.logodesignforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3256

Hope this helps!
    :D

19. KD-did

KD-did

Dry Cleaners is from a font foundry that just changed the license/s on in the past month or so. It is available in an inexpensive package for single license BUT for repackaging for resale is very cost prohibitive.

http://www.fontdiner.com/main.html

there are some new free fonts from the same foundry look for "Free Silverware"

20. tchristian34

tchristian34

As a follow up on this, I just spent an hour going through the thumbnails and comparing them against the actual logo images that I can use and modify and I came up with 35 that do not have the fonts needed to create the image. In all fairness, I understand the situation with fonts being charged for now, but at the same time, I paid nearly $100 for the software expecting that these fonts were licensed and usable (and included in the package!).

Some of the images use the same logos as others, so in all fairness I would guess (and it's a complete guess) that there are probably 20+ fonts missing from the package. Does that seem accurate? I really didn't expect to have to go out somewhere and download these fonts... that's why I purchased the software. Will Marc or KD tell me the possibility of getting an update to the MEGApak purchase I made last week to make the package "whole" again?

If you like, I can give you a list of all the ones that don't work. Is it worth my time to post all 35 in picture format? It's going to take me a lot of work to do that, so I want to know if I do it that it's what you are looking for to help out. I look forward to your response.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.