Font Problems

Discussion in 'Hints and Tips' started by jamiebodie, Mar 6, 2005.

1. jamiebodie

jamiebodie

I own the Hollywood edition and the Leisure Edition. In the Leisure edition I have one logo that the font does not appear correctly (it is on the first line, 4th one to the right, it is blue with cursive yellow font). How do I get this font to show up?

As a matter of fact when I click the change font button I can't scroll up or down and I only have five fonts to choose from. Maybe this is more the root of my problem. Can someone help? Please.

Thanks in advance,

Jamie Bodie

PS I have attached a pic of the fonts that I can get to, I cannot scroll down at all to get to more fonts.

Attached Files:

2. KD-did

KD-did

Jamie, the font on that template is an embedded font and it is called Lamplighter.
    Try Hitting F9 and then scrolling. If you still can't scroll try hitting F9 and add the letter L.

Are you using a cordless mouse or keyboard?

3. jamiebodie

jamiebodie

I can see many more fonts than before F9 worked. Yes, cordless mouse and keyboard.

Jamie

4. jamiebodie

jamiebodie

I can't find lamplighter anywhere.

5. KD-did

KD-did

Glad that helped. ...are you able to scroll all or just see the first 5 or 6 under a letter using F9 (A-Z) ? As wonderful as being cordless is it does drain resources rather quickly. If possible try disabling any other applications that maybe running at the same time.

If I am looking at the same template Lamplighter Script is the name for the font shown in the Windows version. It may have a different name in Mac (because of the limit on font name characters) Some fonts were made just for TLC and that maybe one. If you PM laughingbird (Marc) he maybe able to make it available to you..You then could install it to systems fonts and perhaps have access with your scrolling issue.

Is this the template you were referring to?

6. onions

onions

No Fonts at all

I just purchased the Corporate and the Leisure set for windows. I cant open any new fonts but the one that the thumbnail shows. For example in the leisure edition if I use the thumbnail that says NewCo. the only font I can use is Impact. I click on system fonts and nothing happens I click on Impact and nothing happens, I dont get a drop down menu I dont get anything. I hit F9 and nothing. I saw a post here where people can see 5 different fonts and I cant get that either. What can I do?

7. KD-did

KD-did

Onions, try a cold reboot and see if things improve .If that doesn't help you it sounds like uninstalling, getting a fresh download and reinstallation are in order.

8. onions

onions

I reinstalled it and it still doesnt work. Im trying everything and nothing will work. Where should I be accessing the fonts? I click on the bar that says 'system fonts' and the bar under that, which displays the current font Im using. Is there another place I can try?

9. KD-did

KD-did

Onions, did you get a FRESH download? If you didn't there may have been a problem with the download and you would just be re-installing the problem. To get a fresh download http://www.thelogocreator.com/orderlookup.htm

Be sure that your computer is spyware and adware free.

Recently I came across a problem with fonts that was caused by a stuck down arrow key.

10. onions

onions

I did a fresh download and still it doesnt work.