1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Font issues...can't scroll

Discussion in 'Web Graphics Creator' started by motherbeads, Jan 9, 2008.

1. motherbeads

motherbeads

Hello, all! I am suddenly having a problem with WGC. It could be related to the fact that I recently uninstalled LC, thinking I would no longer need it. Before uninstalling, I moved one of the corporate elements folders over to WGC, along with a couple of logo folders and my templates.

I did all that and then uninstalled the two versions of LC I had on my machine.

Tonight, I tried to create and edit a logo. I can add text and edit the words, but I cannot change the font. The font box opens, whether system or not, but it will not let me scroll. Therefore, I am limited to the first several fonts.

HELP, please! I have a deadline looming and am feeling panicky. Did I make a mistake in uninstalling LC?

Thanks so much,
    Renee

2. Randy...

Randy... Guest

I replied on your other thread.

Try F9 while choosing a font, see if that clears up the scrolling issue.

But, I'm confused. Why did you remove both instances of the TLC?

3. motherbeads

motherbeads

Hello again! No, F9 didn't work, unfortunately.

I removed the two versions of TLC (5 and 5.2) because WGC's Art Center is the same thing. TLC had a couple of logo sets and an element set not offered in the Art Center, which is why I moved those over before uninstalling. The idea was to remove unneeded programs and gain disk space.

On the font issue, I've tried everything I can think of. Maybe my only option is a complete uninstall and reinstall of WGC? Argh...

Renee

4. KD-did

KD-did

Try doing a cold re-boot that will sometimes clear problems .

5. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Kd, if that doesn't work, I have a question.

Doesn't WGC Art Center just kick off a version of TLC. If she uninstalled both versions she had of TLC, would that be causing any issues.

I'd test it, but I'm a new (Christmas) computer and don't have WGC on anything anymore.

6. KD-did

KD-did

WGC was designed so it could standalone. I could see where uninstalling V5 and 5.1 might cause some issues . When WGC was installed the computer wouldn't necessarily install all files because it sees that some files are already there. That is why as a general rule I suggest that the program files get dumped before getting a fresh download or for a fresh installation...any damaged files will not remain.

motherbeads, before uninstalling WGC you can try defragging and a cold reboot before trying a re-installation of WGC.

7. Doc

Doc Staff Member

Try pressing F9 while your font list is showing as this sometimes cures the 'no scroll' problem

8. omeninc

omeninc

hi, i use 5.1 and i promise you : I CANT SCROLL! nor reboot, F9 or anything changes anything. please help !!!!

9. KD-did

KD-did

What platform are you using?
    If you are using a wireless mouse make sure that your drivers are updated.

10. omeninc

omeninc

win xp home, sp2, athlon64 3700+, nforce3 ultra +4gb mem

logitech trackball (marble mouse man)

all drivers etc up to date.

btw i cant scroll the systemfonts too (in the logo creator)

i recently re-installed everything, after cleaning registry etc..

no changing

11. KD-did

KD-did

You maybe one of the few that needed the update to fix the scrolling issue. Usually just launching TLC pressing F9 while your font list is viewable has permanently fixed the problem for most. You might want to check your mouse setting and make sure that scrolling is enabled.
    After trying the software fix do a cold reboot for good measure.
    http://www.logodesignforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5026&highlight=scrolling.

12. omeninc

omeninc

no, i still installed 5.1, as i wrote above (i hope so).
    i tested with my logitech g5 mouse. same s..t... hmm
    i dont know... i think its better to use photoshop for the fonts

13. KD-did

KD-did

Check your mouse settings in your computer's control panel it maybe set not to scroll .