Font Gone after Purchase

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by BarbaraJean, Feb 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BarbaraJean

BarbaraJean

I downoaded and played around with the demo just a short time before deciding to purchase. I am now using the full version and am very frustrated to find that the font I most wanted in this software is now gone. I can't remember the name of it but it started with an "M".

Can anybody tell me what's wrong? :confused:

2. KD-did

KD-did

BarbaraJean, I really rather doubt you did anything wrong. Did you see the font on a template? The DEMO you used is now BONUS Logos where you select a set. Find the template , then click the text that was written in that font . When you click on format the font name will appear in either the ebedded font window or in the system font window.As I recall the two M fonts in the DEMO are Magnum and Mandingo and both are in the Ebedded fonts.Both fonts are downloadable from http://dafont.com/en/alpha.php?lettre=m for free and can be unzipped and installed into your system font folder. : O-Yeah:

3. BarbaraJean

BarbaraJean

Thanks for responding, Katie!

The font I loved so much wasn't on one of the templates. I opened a template in the Bonus Logos, changed the text to what I wanted and then clicked on Embedded Fonts and changed the font to the one I liked. Now that font isn't listed in the embedded fonts.

In another thread you (I think it was you :) ) advised somebody where to find the TLC fonts in Explorer. I did that and there are a lot more fonts listed there than is available in the list of embedded fonts. I found one there that may be the one I'm looking for - Mirage Zanzibar.

I would just forget it and choose another font but I really, really want THAT one. ;)

4. KD-did

KD-did

Barb, the reason that it isn't listed as a font is because it is treated as if image element. If you PM laughingbird (Marc) he should be able to tell you more about that font's origins .

5. BarbaraJean

BarbaraJean

Okay, thanks. I'll PM him.

6. KD-did

KD-did

FYI each letter is an image element in the Hollywood Edition.

7. BarbaraJean

BarbaraJean

Hmmm, I almost bought that one but bought the cartoon edition instead. I really can't put any more money in it right now. I never imagined that I would lose a font by buying the software.

Oh, yeah! That's the font I want! Isn't it cool!!

8. KD-did

KD-did

Don't get discouraged yet....while TLC has handled it as a image... doesn't necessarily mean it isn't available as a font or as a dingbat under a different name.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.