1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

font err !!!!!

Discussion in 'The eCover Creator' started by shariya, Jul 14, 2006.

1. shariya

shariya

i just buy ecover yesterday , but i found the err, i can not read a font on screen (please see the picture). what wrong ? please helpme !!

thank you

sory with my english

Attached Files:

2. KD-did

KD-did

shariya, it is my belief that the program isn't handling the language keyboard setting or can't recognize the characters typed correctly. In other words it isn't recognizing non English characters.

For a work around you could do your text in another program and import it into the eCover. As an image import the program would have no problems handling foreign language characters.

3. shariya

shariya

thank but....

thank you for your reply, but i think u misunderstanding my problemes.
    I do not make any e-cover,i just open a programe and i see the err.
    this error is a programe's righ click menu. i think may be i need some english font..but i don't know what is it.this problemes occure the both my pc and my note book.please help !!!!

ton of thank :-)

4. KD-did

KD-did

The program comes with English fonts for the templates...so that points to both of your computer's keyboards drivers or setting are set for international settings to accomodate language characters something the program isn't understanding.

5. a¿ex

a¿ex Staff Member

Hi shariya,

I am sorry, that the app is causing you trouble.

I would like to know, which language your system is set to.
    It may be the case, that you have no standard "Arial" installed on your system. (Thats the one I used for the menu) In that case the application simply uses the FIRST font which is installed on your system. In your case it may be a font, which can be rendered by this appliaction. (Unfortunately there are specific font types, which cause that sort of rendering issues.)

Now, either you install a font, which appears on your system as "Arial" (with this exact name) or you need to rename a working font so it appears at the first position of the font list or I compile a "special" version which uses another font or I compile a special version, which doesn't use fonts, but rather renders all text to bitmap. (this is actually the most difficult option as you can imagine)

the first thing to do is to check, which fonts work on your system.
    Please go to the following internet page and do the steps described:
    http://www.farbflash.de/director/products/ILTreeView/dswmedia/hier_Menu_Demo_Props.html

-- this is a shockwave movie (if not already present, you need to install the shockwave plugin or active-X in case of using MS internet explorer.
    the install process is straightforweard, just follow the instructions on the screen. the browser plugin to view shockwave content is similar to the flash plugin: a one time install and from there on you can view any shockwave content without further install. Please be careful, at one point there is an option to install the google toolbar, if you do not want the google toolbar to be installed on your system, UNCHECK the checkbox! it is not necessary for the further steps, in fact it has nothing to do with shockwave per se. If the install ios done go back to the above URL)

-- an online application starts.
    -- there is a button on the right side of the application next to the word "Fontface"
    -- click on that button. now the application checks the fonts installed on your system and tries to render them. Be patient, if you invoke this menu for the first time it may take very long, depending on the number of fonts ionstalled on your system.

as soon as the menu with the fontfaces opens you can scrol up and down the list of installed fonts by just moving your mouse to the edge of the menu.

Please check if there is a font named exactly "Arial".

If not, I bet the first font looks like in your screenshoot.
    next choose a font you want to use in the ecover creator and tell me the exact name please so I can send you another version with thios problem fixed.

Sorry for the inconvenience

6. shariya

shariya

thank !!!

thank alex,

i use window xp pro servicepack 2 and set "reginal and Language" to "thai"
    there is a font named exactly "Arial". and so the problemes occure

but when i set "reginal and Language" to "english" the menu work well but it cause another programe with font display !!!

if you can send me another version that i can set "reginal and Language" to "thai" ,please do it....am will apreciate..

ton of thank and god bless u

:number:

7. a¿ex

a¿ex Staff Member

Hi shariya,

Have you tried the link, which I gave you with the font menu or do you know for another reason, that there is a font named Arial ?

The problem is that Thai uses another codepage than english and so the values for the single chars are different, which results in these squares you see instead of the chars. (as the characters for that font value are missing)

If you set your system language to thai and try the font menu on that page:
    http://www.farbflash.de/director/products/ILTreeView/dswmedia/hier_Menu_Demo_Props.html

have all entries in that menu the squares ?

8. shariya

shariya

this is >>>>>

thank you again alex,

I set system language to thai and try the font menu on that page:
    http://www.farbflash.de/director/pro...emo_Props.html

this is what i see (please see the picture)

all entries in that menu is good not the squares !!!

what should i do ?

thank you

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      48.2 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      46.5 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      47.2 KB
      Views:
  9. shariya

shariya

um.....

hi, i just waiting for a feedback.or anything else.

thank you :-)

10. a¿ex

a¿ex Staff Member

Hi shariya,
    I sent you a private message yesterday with another question about a required info to fix your problem.
    Didn't you receive it ?

Please check your private messages at the laughinbird forum software.

11. shariya

shariya

nothing found...

thank for your support,alex.
    i just check my private massage but i see nothing.
    please sent it again.

ton of thank :-)

12. a¿ex

a¿ex Staff Member

I've sent you another PM yesterday, did you get it this time ?

13. shariya

shariya

thank !!!

Alex,
    i just check my PM, and already send my email to u.

Ton of Thank ,am very appreciate

:bana: