1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Flip Book

Discussion in 'Web Graphics Creator' started by captphrank, May 30, 2008.

1. captphrank

captphrank

Hello everyone, I'm captphrank. I wanted to ask if anyone has made a flip book. My main question is "Does the flip book have to be FTP to a website, or can it be uploaded to a Blog?...can some one help please...capt.:helpnow:

2. Chris_Houg

Chris_Houg Staff Member

The flip book would need to be uploaded via ftp and ran from the files from the drive to display correctly as more than one file is used at a time.

3. captphrank

captphrank

So I have to upload to a Website using FTP, then save it to my Drive, then upload it to the Blog which uses a HTML format only...is this correct...?..and thank you for responding. I have been struggling with this for 3 days now...capt.

4. Chris_Houg

Chris_Houg Staff Member

I actually meant uploading it to the drive on your website from the drive on your computer. When you save it, you'll have it on your drive so you won't need to save it again.

You'll need to upload it to your website and then upload the html code to your blog to display it.

5. captphrank

captphrank

I see, so the Flip Book WILL work on a Blog? Thank You again Chris, much appreciated...capt.:image28:

6. captphrank

captphrank

I guess you know Blogs don't use FTP...So I couldn't figure out how to make a Flip Book and Load it directly to the Blog...capt:image10:

7. Chris_Houg

Chris_Houg Staff Member

You have to upload the files to the website, you can't upload them to your blog.

When you generate the book, save it, then preview it, it will list the code needed for an html page. This is the code that you would use for your blog.

You may need to edit the code and the config.xml file based on where you upload the files.

If, for example, you uploaded the files in a directory called flipbook, you would need to prepend file locations like:

MyFlipBook.swf

to

/flipbook/MyFlipBook.swf

for each parameter that is specifying a file.

You will NOT be able to upload the files itself to your blog, you can only paste the html that will display the flipbook.

8. captphrank

captphrank

Gotcha...I know when Pasting HTML Code into a Blog, that some of the Code isn't neccessary.. I use Blogspot,com and it usually tells me that a certain line of code "Can't be published because..." and I can correct it from there. I don't have a Website. I will have to apply for one with my Comcast account. They generally have Templates, but do allow FTP if you wish to . I can use that to generate the HTML for the Flip Book and take it from there. Really A BIG Help Chris. I hope I can Return the Favor sometime...capt.:image28: