Flash ads won't show in Firefox

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by Tmheis, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Tmheis

Tmheis

Some flash ads I've created show properly in firefox and others don't. I've tried to figure out what the difference is, but haven't had much success. Can anyone tell me what I may be doing wrong?

Thank you.

Theresa

2. Randy...

Randy... Guest

HI Theresa - do you have links to examples?

3. Tmheis

Tmheis

I should have posted that, sorry...

Yes, on the same website you can see an animation working and one that does not...

Working in Firefox: Images 2007 Central Pennsylvania Festival Of The Arts - State College, PA

Not working in Firefox but rather showing the anim without the correct text and image data: Central Pennsylvania Festival Of The Arts - State College, PA

Can you view source and tell me what I'm not doing right to make it grab that data file? I don't use shortcuts very often but this program has been a real time saver when I'm trying to knock out a large site in a fairly short time...but things like this make me nuts. I know I'm overlooking something tiny and probably obvious. I'm gifted that way.

Thank you so much!

Theresa

4. Randy...

Randy... Guest

I was just asking because I knew the experts would need that info. I'll let them chime in when they get here. :image28:

5. Doc

Doc Staff Member

Hi Theresa I am not sure if you have corrected the problem you were having but both of your animation links play ok for me in both IE and Firefox.

6. Tmheis

Tmheis

I haven't done a thing...still won't work right for me...

I'm wondering if this is a firefox version issue, or some oddity on my own pc. What version are you running?

7. Tmheis

Tmheis

I should be more specific...sorry...

The animation works....as in you see something. The problem I'm having is that it's not showing the text I set up nor the images I loaded.

Are you saying that you see the images and text regarding Our 41st Celebration?

Theresa

8. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Working fine for me in IE -- I'll check them tonight in Firefox when I get home.

9. Tmheis

Tmheis

Ding Ding Ding...you win a prize!

It's loverly in IE, it's not working right in firefox.

When you get home, see if it displays the same in both IE and firefox and let me know. What I see is correct in IE, but no images and the default text in firefox. Can't figure out why it won't pull the assets.

In the meantime, I'm still trying to figure it out. :image10:

Theresa

10. Randy...

Randy... Guest

What's my prize!! :) :)

11. Doc

Doc Staff Member

Yes the animation runs smoothly 'Performing Arts' 'Artists in Action' etc etc
    I am using Firefox 2.0.0.3 below is a screen dump of part of the screen

Attached Files:

12. Doc

Doc Staff Member

Just a thought Theresa, on another graphic forum I visit one of the members was saying that some of his animations were not showing and after checking he found it was a pop up ad blocker causing the problem (part of the Norton suite if I remember right) wonder if it could be something as simple as that.

13. Tmheis

Tmheis

That wouldn't explain why a different swf works on the other page though.

There's got to be something going on with the assets. That's my guess, and what I'm working with for now.

14. Doc

Doc Staff Member

If it were a problem with the assets I would have thought it would affect viewing it with my Firefox browser. It will be interesting to see if Digger can see the ad when he logs in with Firefox, the suspense is killing :image10:

15. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Ok, I'm home now...Doc, you all right?

I opened up Firefox and guess what? No ad showing. But, because I knew where it was supposed to be showing I pointed in that area and recieved a box in it's placing telling me to download a plug-in. Clicked there and downloaded the Adobe plug in and all is well now. Both ads view just fine in Firefox!!

16. Doc

Doc Staff Member

Hey Randy I think you may have found the answer - something as simple as the flash viewer plugin :image10-1: though why the first example displayed on Theresas pc but not the second I don't know.

17. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

just double checked the second ad. It seems to run fine in firefox.