First Question hope it not Obvious, How to make a Side Graphic

Discussion in 'The eCover Creator Software' started by n2rga, Aug 8, 2016.

1. n2rga

n2rga

I did the front of the box now how do I do the side being a white side looks really Odd.
    Clicking on the side does not allow dragging a graphic on to it. I like to continue the graphic on the side and wrap it on to the side like this image
    2009_US_Business_Product_Box.PNG
    thanks for an excellent piece of software Love it.
    Mitch
    Side.PNG

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  2. n2rga

n2rga

Noticed when using a template and you save it to My Templates If you want to use it again if you delete the graphic on the template the drag area you click on to put a new template is lost.
    Feature request to be able to make our own click on and then drag area so the graphic takes the shape of the box.

I can't believe 19 views and no replies to my problem. must be busy cranking out product boxes LOL

3. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Sorry it took so long. I've been broken down on the road and just now got on.

To answer your first question, and maybe your second ...

They way these templates work is that Marc has created a 'placeholder' that is positioned over the area on the box that you can drag/drop an image onto. The reason you cannot put an image on the boxes you selected above is because there is no 'placeholder'. That particular template was never meant for you to put anything on the side. If you want a similar layout, simply use a template that has a 'placeholder' on the side. Make a couple of copies and position them best you can. Attached is one Marc did and posted on Facebook. Books or boxes, it all works the same!

Graphics that you drag/drop onto a box should not be deleted. The graphic takes the place of the 'placeholder'. If you delete it, then you cannot place another graphic on it and will have to start a new template. If you decide to change the graphic, simply drop a new one over the old and it will replace it. Then save the template with a new name and you'll have both copies.
    snap.jpg

4. n2rga

n2rga

I worked most of the day on this one manually for the sides.
    Business_Databases_Product_Box.png
    Only needed one so it was fine.
    Loving the Program

gunsmoke likes this.
  5. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Looks good! Nice job.

6. n2rga

n2rga

7. How did you do it? Trial and error? Thanks, Mike

8. n2rga

n2rga

yep trial and error until the angle's looked ok then adjusted the size in creator.

9. Did you just make a separate image for the side then adjust it til it worked?

10. n2rga

n2rga

Exactly made the image then adjusted until it lined up.
    Would have loved to be able to make my own landing spot but maybe next set will have all the side coverable.
    The best $37 I ever spent. Only used it once so far but it was worth it