First Logo

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator Gallery' started by dtproware, Aug 30, 2007.

1. dtproware

dtproware

I would like to get some feedback on my first logo.

2. dtproware

dtproware

Forgot logo

I would like to get feedback on my first logo. What do you think?

Attached Files:

3. prototype66

prototype66

very cool, that would make a nice tee.

4. awalck

awalck Staff Member

DT,
    You are absolutely right - image is everything. Good job on your design, but please let me share my first thoughts. It looks more like an ad than a logo. If that is want you meant by "logo" - I assume your official company logo. You want your logo, and ones for your customers, to look clean and professional versus cutsie - unless that is what they are looking for. I would personally avoid too many colors in your logo - it should be easily reproducible in various formats - screening, embroidery, fax, letterhead, decals, etc. Not that you can't modify a logo for different formats, but to keep a company image consistent, the formats can't stray too far from the 'official logo'. I'm not, in anyway, downing your work, it is very creative and sharp. Keep up the good work you are on your way. If I misunderstood your post in anyway... kick me - I can take it :). I honestly hope this doesn't sound harsh at all. You will love hanging out in this forum - believe me.

5. dtproware

dtproware

Logo

You are right. I sat down and looked at it some more. I came up with anotherone. Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Attached Files:

6. prototype66

prototype66

Much more professional, I thought the tee shirt design was neat for....a tee but for a web site or letter head simple is better like awalck said. In that prospective you should be able to take your logo and make it in less color for letterhead and still be able to read it easily. I was told the same of my logo and I went with a much simpler (is that a word?) design.
    Your new design is much better from that point of veiw. I am not sure about the whole background "DT" combo. Try using a different "Hand writing" style font like maybe Hanshand or something. Just a suggestion. Maybe something like this?
    [​IMG]

7. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Remove the hyphen out of Pro-Ware and just have Pro Ware