First logo for my business

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator Gallery' started by Laurenv, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Laurenv

Laurenv

This is my logo I designed for my business.Yea or nay?
    Thanks. I'm now learning about this export image thing so I hope it looks clear enough.

Attached Files:

2. alphatiny

alphatiny

It looks great to me...good job!

3. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

very good ,but i would have put a outline image of man and women,with the star behind them ,with a bit of haze effect
    just my 2 cents

4. Laurenv

Laurenv

The man and woman image was my first thought.. but I had a hard time finding an abstract image of a man and woman. Maybe I'll do a second logo and search a little more. Thanx for the input everyone!

5. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Lauren, terrific work!
    Looks very professional.

Welcome to the forum!

6. Laurenv

Laurenv

My biz logo with people..

Thank you Marc for the validation. I was hoping it looked professional. I took Lamo One's suggestions into consideration and created this one. I finally found the clip art I wanted, so which one: the Earth or the People?

Attached Files:

7. alphatiny

alphatiny

Can you make the white background translucent?

8. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

I actually liked your first one better! ( heh, sorry Lamo1! :D)

And yes, as Alphatiny mentions, can you find a "PNG" image of the people in your 2nd logo? If you can, you'll be able to import it without the white backing. A great resource (as found by HighJakQueen here in the forum) for PNG images:
    Free Transparent PNG Objects - Floral

Or, you can search a paid site like Clipart - Download Royalty-Free Clipart, Images, Fonts, Web Art and Graphics and search only for the PNG images!

You've really got the hang of the software tho Lauren! Both logos are great.

- Marc

9. Laurenv

Laurenv

Thanx

:image07: Thanks for the input and Marc, I'm hooked to your product! I tried removing the white background from the people clip but I can't. If I can't find one similar to that with a transparent background then I'll stick with the first one. Thanks for all the suggestions and support!:image07-1:

10. Blueblazes

Blueblazes

Making Your PNG Transparent

LaurenV,

I Liked BOTH your designs... pretty good for a first try. It's hard to pick - on the one hand the "people" logo seems more apt to convey a clearer message for an "image consultancy" but on the other hand the "globe" (which is REALLY cool) speaks to the "genesis" aspect. Wonder what would happen if like a mad scientist - you merged the two? :image10-2:
    With that said, If you decide to go with the "people" version I can help you. I can modify the file and make the background transparent.
    PM me if you'd like to email me the file.

11. Laurenv

Laurenv

BlueBlazes.. thank you because I never thought of that..it makes sense when I think about it. I have no idea how to make the people image transparent, so I will email you and if you can work it.. I'll certainly appreciate it :image07:

12. Blueblazes

Blueblazes

I got some tools

LaurenV,

It's no Biggie, I remember what it was like creating my first - wish I had a place like this to get feedback. But that was a LOOOOOONG time ago. Besides it's all trial and error anyway you just experiment until something clicks. TLC just makes it easier to get to the "Click" faster

Go ahead and email me the file and I'll see what I can do with it.

13. Laurenv

Laurenv

Did some tinkering

Hi all again! I did some tinkering and figured out a way on TLC to make the people transparent. So I took everyone's advice into consideration and this is what I came up with. So :image28: (yea!) or :image27: (nay!)

I hope you can see it well enough, I exported it a bit small. I having too much fun with TLC, I think I might make logos as a part of my business..lol :image16-1: Peace!

Attached Files:

14. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Very nice!! There's no stopping yourself now...TLC will consume your life!!

15. Blueblazes

Blueblazes

Lauren, That is the "BOMB" Great Job! Hey there's plenty of room in this business seems to me you've got a good "eye" Keep on tinkering!

16. alphatiny

alphatiny

Wonderfull!! Yea!