1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Files ready to go to the printer?

Discussion in 'The eCover Creator' started by CustomEngrav, Aug 15, 2005.

1. CustomEngrav

CustomEngrav

I've had limited amount of success and experience with designing items and taking them to a professional printer.

My first experience was creating business cards in Macromedia's Fireworks. Saved as .png file - they couldn't use it. Exported as a .ai file - couldn't use it. This went on and on until I finally downloaded a trial version of adobe illustrator to do it. That worked, until it got to the printer, where they informed me that my color ran right to the very edge and in order for them to make a sheet and be able to cut them all, they needed an additional bleeding of the edges by 1/16" - 1/8" per edge. Having seen the process, and seen the problem, first hand, I completely understand that the art work I had been providing looked great on the screen, but was nearly impossible to take directly to the printer without causing him trouble to having to slightly scale up my design, which threw off everything.

My questions about this package are - in the items that are single sheets, and not a box, does it allow, or can you adjust the size to be 1/16" larger on all sides, so the item is print ready? Also, I'm looking to do some DVD covers. I see video's as a choice when people talk about it, but are DVD inserts included, with samples as well?

Also, is the file format that's exported ready for the print shop,where they are looking for something that's very adobe compatible?

Thanks-

2. KD-did

KD-did

PM laughingbird (Marc)he should know all about getting things printed, he had to get ready for TLC on store shelves.

PDF is probably the most preferred by printers.

3. CustomEngrav

CustomEngrav