Faulty unlock key..Very frustrating!

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by jenny666666, Mar 26, 2009.

1. jenny666666

jenny666666

I bought the logo creator via paypal on the 21 March 2009.The key that was sent to me,DOES NOT WORK AT ALL!
    I've typed it in correctly,over and over,day after day.....

I am getting extremely frustrated since I have sent quite a few emails explaining the situation,and every time they give me the same faulty key although I told them the key does not work.

The last email I sent was to laughingbirdcs@digitalriver.com and they said that they can't help me,that I must contact Laughinging bird support,but since I have emailed support/customer care numerous times and the problem did not even get attended to,nevermind sorted out,I'm now trying to find the solution on this forum instead.

I have bought lots of software on the net before from other companies and quite frankly,I have never experienced unprofessional service like this before.

Can someone please tell me how to get a working key? I am in South Africa so would prefer if this can be resolved via email.

2. Chris_Houg

Chris_Houg Staff Member

If you are running Vista, try right-clicking the shortcut and select "Run as Administrator" and then enter the unlock key.

3. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Jen.

If Chris' suggestion doesn't work, can you send me the key you've been told to use? Send it to me in a Private Message (just click on my screen name and choose "Send private message")

Let me see the key.

Marc

4. jenny666666

jenny666666

Hi there,no I'm running XP.

5. jenny666666

jenny666666

Hi Marc.I have sent you a pm with all the details.

6. jenny666666

jenny666666

Marc, I have not received any reply from you re the pm I sent you.
    Could you please sort it out for me.

It is exactly 1 week now since I have bought the software and I still can't unlock it.

7. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Jen.
    Sorry to have missed your PM - I've responded!

When you type in the key, is there an error message ("invalid key") or something similar?

The key you have should work. Make sure you're typing this in CAPS - and don't copy and paste. You might get a hidden space in there.

Once you quit (exit) The Logo Creator and re-launch it, are you still being asked to enter a key?

If all else fails, try Chris's suggestion above:

Right click over the Logo Creator icon (before you launch it). Choose 'Run as Administrator'

Then launch it, and enter the key.

Let me know if this works.

Marc

8. jenny666666

jenny666666

Marc I have tried launching as administrator but it doesn't help at all and I still get the error of "key not valid"

I have typed the key in correctly,using caps etc,but no use,the key does not work at all!

I would appreciate it if a new key can be sent to me as there is obviously a problem with the key.

Please let me know if this is possible.
    If not possible,then I would like to be refunded since I paid for the key,yet it is not functional at all.

9. sophiefour

sophiefour

I only bought Logo Creator a few hours ago, but I had exactly the same problem with the unlock code. I typed in the code I was given but kept getting the error message: "Invalid Key". I tried entering it using both lower and upper case letters, copying and pasting, etc, etc, but it still didn't work. I emailed the support team but I think their working day has only just begun (I am in Scotland, about 6-7 hours ahead, I think) so I doubt they'll have seen my email yet. However, I seemed to be able to use the program anyway ("File", "Modify", "Export" and "Web Help" looked liked they were greyed out, but I was still able to click on them and use all the functions in the drop-down menus). I closed the program and re-opened it and was not asked to enter my unlock code again and the program appears to be working fine. But now I'm wondering, do I have the full program or am I just running a trial version with limited functionality?

10. jenny666666

jenny666666

Mine is also greyed out but working.
    I stand to be corrected,but if I am not mistaken,in the demo the functions are also greyed out yet functional.I have used the program in demo mode before and all functions worked as well.

Perhaps since you weren't asked for the unlock key again,yours is now running as a full program...guess time will tell.
    Mine is still asking for unlock key each time and I am getting very annoyed!

I almost bought all the software on offer by Laughingbird when I ordered the logo creator,but then decided to be cautious and see the quality of service first.
    Thank goodness I didn't buy the other software!:image27:

11. heathmrktg

heathmrktg

jenny,

the only way to get the unlock code working if u paid by paypal is to actly call Digital River they have a contact # listed on your paypal statement
    when i called my locked software was able to work just fine and i have access to the other cool stuff :) now i just need to get this flash to work on my website then il be ok

Brian