fault (Server.Error.Request) TLC V6

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by n2rga, Oct 1, 2012.

1. n2rga

n2rga

Hi,

I have The Logo Creator Version 6
    I have tried several times to Open my saved templates.

I get this message every time:
    Steps to reproduce
    1. File
    2. open Logo
    3. Go To the TLC Templates Directory on my Desktop
    4. I go to the directory were my saved Logo is and try to open
    phpLD_Site_Templates_Front_Box.tlc thats in the Directory
    phpLD_Site_Templates_Front_Box

The logo was created with Version 6 and I'm Trying
    to open with the same version.
    Other Logos Saved Works.

2. KD-did

KD-did

Launch your V6 TLC, then choose "My template" under choose a template set>>> then click on template of your choice. Click.

gcuneo2 likes this.
  3. n2rga

n2rga

I'm not trying to open a template set I'm trying to open a saved Logo
    The saved logo is not in the save templates directory. its in a directory on my desktop
    I just did a new one and it opens fine. the other one I'm trying to open gives this error.

4. KD-did

KD-did

You are just to choose "My template" under the heading of choosing a set . Your templates will show individually When option is clicked.

5. n2rga

n2rga

I just moved the directory that was two directories deep.
    this is what I had
    TLC Templates
    ---phpLD_Site_Templates_Front_Box
    ------phpLD_Site_Templates_Front_Box
    ----------phpLD_Site_Templates_Front_Box.tlc (this is a directory and phpLD_Site_Templates_Front_Box.tlc was in it)
    Moved phpLD_Site_Templates_Front_Box.tlc Directory under the TLC Templates on desktop
    and then renamed it phpLD_Site_Templates_Front_Box
    loaded and it works
    Then I renamed the other Logo thats not loading Dropped the .tlc off the Directory and it now Loads fine.

6. n2rga

n2rga

not seeing this option
    EDITED:
    I moded everything into the lower Directory and now they all work.
    and Moved them again into the my templates directory.
    very confusing the layout.

serviceall likes this.
  7. n2rga

n2rga

Still have that problem the others that I could not load I had to redo. I have been saving everything into My Templates and had no problems with it its the save as and then saving it onto the desktop or in a directory elsewhere a few directories deep is the problem.
    Don't know why they have a save as option if it doesn't work.

8. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

They have SAVE AS so you CAN save it in unique directories.

You always MUST open the program first.

To open a working logo all you click on is the FOLDER created when you saved the logo.

You cannot click on the TLC file to open a logo. The TLC file tells the software how to combine all the elements.

It's not like word where you can right mouse click, and select OPEN WITH.

9. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

A saved logo (Not an exported one) and a template ARE THE EXACT SAME THING!

10. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Many users in the past have tried right mouse clicking on a TLC file from version 5, and 6, and selected OPEN WITH, the choosing the EXE file---- Do that, and the software gets confused, and typically results in the http error.....

11. n2rga

n2rga

This thread is not about opening the logo files with a double click or a right click. Its about Opening a saved logo from several directories deep and getting the posted error of this thread
    fault (Server.Error.Request)

and doing it by file> open logo> going to username of computer > Desktop >TLC Templates > clicking on the directory the logo is in Clicking on the name of the logo then I get an error
    so for now I'm saving everything in My Templates and it is getting messy and Large.
    Saving it in a directory of my choosing is a must.

12. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

from a post I made 12 JULY, 2012:

This method applies to the opening of logos saved in unique locations...(Especially when you select the SAVE AS option from within the program.....

ONCE YOU START VERSION 6.O OF THE LOGO CREATOR....

1. Select FILE then OPEN LOGO (or just use CTRL-O).

2. Select YOUR NAME,(NOT the desktop folder, YET), your name will appear as the very first file folder below the very first DESKTOP icon.

3.Once you click on YOURNAME (or whatever name appears just below the desktop icon) NOW, AND ONLY NOW, CLICK ON THE DESKTOP FOLDER (OR NAVIGATE TO) WHERE YOU ARE STORING YOUR LOGOS.

4. Simply navigate to the name of the logo you are looking for and select that folder. The folder will have the name of whatever you called the logo. You do not need to (and can't) select a file within that folder, just select the folder that has the same name of the logo you are looking for.

In the below examples I could have named the folders "My very bestest in the world good to go logos"

is. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. serviceall

serviceall

And what of those of us that aren't set up like that?

Multi-drive desktops are increasingly popular since the rise of SSD drives. If your operating system is on a different drive than your programs, the above does not work. You need to be able to navigate, often deeply, to the folder of your choice.

Something sorely missing from The Logo Creator v6 is the ability to store "My Templates" that are displayed on the Homepage in a different folder. As the folder can get quite large, it's not practical to have it eat up the resources of your expensive SSD drive.

That's a deal breaker for a lot of folks. I'm lucky in that my SSD is quite large. But I'd still rather NOT have TLC elements and logo files stored on it.

14. n2rga

n2rga

@gcuneo2
    Thank you for that but that is not what I'm talking about I do it that way. Not you can test this make a folder inside of the TLC Templates folder in your last photo and inside of that folder make another folder and then save a logo inside the folder you just made. shut the program down and reload and try to open the folder. You will get the error thats what this Post is about.

15. Rawben

Rawben

I don't have time for this and it upsets me! Do you know how many times I've had to go in a REDO a client's project all because a stored project won't OPEN! This needs to be fixed within TLC.

16. n2rga

n2rga

We are being ignored or they don't understand what we are talking about or they know of the problem and can't figure out how to fix it.
    after I made my error clearer by posting
    Nothing No Help.
    I'm being forced to put all my work that should be grouped into a main folder with subfolders to keep everything neat into a main fold and no subfolders or putting everything into myTemplates instead of saveas.

17. Rawben

Rawben

Glenn, then still isn't working for me. I have templates saved and they work fine, but it's when I save a client's actual project they won't re-open. This is where the problem is. :( The only way I'm getting around this is I'm having to save ALL my client's work as TEMPLATES to be able to go back in and make modification if they want them.

18. n2rga

n2rga

@Eawben
    Is the template in a directory thats in a directory or first Directory?

19. serviceall

serviceall

This does appear to be a bug. Sometimes even doing the standard "Save as Logo Template" receives the same error when you try to re-open it. Pretty aggravating when you build a logo, save it as a template in case you need to edit it, need to edit it so open, http error. Yeah. It's a wee bit annoying to say the least.

20. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Of course I understand your frustration.

TILL YOU EXPORT THE LOGO IT'S REALLY A TEMPLATE!

SAVE AS and SAVE AS MY TEMPLATE do the same thing! They both save your work as a template.

SAVE AS lets you save stuff to a unique location (like a folder named MY GREAT STUFF). When you SAVE AS you lose the ability to see a thumbnail of the template, like you do when SAVE AS MY TEMPLATE.

Let's say you created a folder on your desktop called "SUPER LOGOS". You next select SAVE AS and navigate to that SUPER LOGO folder, type in a file name then select SAVE.

When you go to open the working logo (it's really a template) all you do is select THE FOLDER with the name of the saved logo.

READ ON: Customers in the past have navigated to the TLC file and selected OPEN WITH after right mouse clicking on the TLC file.

The TLC file tell the program how to put all the elements of the logo together. Right mouse clicking and selecting the TLC EXE file, just causes the program to get confused (In WIN8 it just opens the program).

Do not concern yourself with the TLC file, please!

I've created folders 6 layers deep and have saved logos, and opened em up just fine.
    I've also created a couple of logos about 120MB in size, the program still works.