FAD not showing ad

Discussion in 'The Flash Ad Creator' started by webby, Mar 22, 2007.

1. webby

webby

I uploaded the ad to the server and placed it in the code myself because front page changes the html with auto correct and it wont display.

Anyway, all I see is the blocks stacking on top of one another and it says "loading" and beside that there is a little page that looks like a piece of note book paper.

Why is this not working properly?

You can view it at Attic Storage "Online" toward the bottom of the page.

Please give me direction. I just bought the software and have no clue how to use it.

Thanks

Joe

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Joe.

I don't seem to see the ad (blocks or not) at all.
    ... have you removed it since posting here?

Make sure to also add the "Fonts" and "Scripts" folder to the area you upload the Flash Ad to. There's a quick post I made here regarding this.

We've been working on a way to correct this!
    Hang in there with me.

- Marc

3. webby

webby

FAD not showing up on site.

Thanks Marc,

I have uploaded to files to the public_html file on the server that you recommended. However, the ad still does not show up. Funny thing, last night I could see the blocks stacking on top of one another and it was saying "Loading" but would never load. I have not removed the code, it is still there. I have left everything the way it was.

Do you think there may be a compatability issue with Windows Vista. That is what I have and there seems to be a lot of software, even my printer, that is not brought up to date with that yet.

Also, do you see the small portion that looks like a piece of paper? That only got there after I uploaded the ad to the server. I copied and pasted the code exacly they way it was suppose to be. What do you think is causing that?

Thanks

Joe

4. tsims

tsims

Hello Joem,
    I took a peek at your source code. You have 2 different names for your .swf file in the code. See below:
    <param name ="movie"value="owg_ad.swf">
    <embed src="MyFlashAd.swf"...

That is part of ther problem. I see a blank in IE6. As Marc said, be certain you upload the fonts and assets folder to the public_html. Without those folders your flash will continue to load endlessly.

Terry
    ps like your site! :image28:

5. webby

webby

FAC Not working

I couldn't upload the whole file into the public_html folder without creating a directory for the myad_assets folder. I had to upload the files Marc told me about as well to that same directory because I could not upload them as a whole. I don't know if I have set it wrong or not. Should each individual file be uploaded to the public_html or should I create a directory for each one of those as well to hold all the files in that folder?

I just uploaded a new index page that removed all the code. I will try this again.

Thanks for the compliment on the site.

Joe

6. tsims

tsims

Joe,
    The swf file needs to reside in the root directory(same as your index) and the assets and font folders need to be uploaded to the public_html directory. The .swf file is going to "look" to those two directories for your flash elements. Are you saying your cannot make those folders in your publib_html directory. What ftp program are you using?
    Terry

7. webby

webby

FAC Not working

I am using vdeck and loading them directly onto the server. When I go upload the folder, I get it to open and then it will only let me load one file at a time out of the folder. I can load all the items into public_html but I can't create a folder like they are in unless I create it as a directory.

Don't know a lot about this, still learning.

Thanks

Joe

8. tsims

tsims

Joe,
    I use vdeck, but not for uploading files. With an ftp program like WS_FTP Home you can transfer the files and folders to the server in one transfer. It is a lot easier. WS_FTP Home costs around thirty dollars and pretty easy to use You can download a demo to test drive it (ipswitch.com). Otherwise, you will have to create the assets folder and font folder first in vdeck and upload the files into the folders.
    Terry