Eye Dropper Problem

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by mckd2002, Jul 14, 2005.

1. mckd2002

mckd2002

I am having a problem. I have the newest version of The Logo Creator installed and it works great except for one thing. When I try to use the eyedropper tool to get a color, it never works. Let's say I am sampling a color that is yellow, it will choose red. I have used this tool in the past and it was a very efficient way to match up colors but now it doesn't work at all?

ANyone else having any issues with the eyedropper tool? Does this mean I need to unistall and reinstall due to some type of corupt or missing file?
    Suggestions please! Thanks,

Mike

2. jamirae

jamirae

what platform are you on and version? windows or mac?

3. KD-did

KD-did

If you click on the canvas after choosing a color the item will be the right color...If you choose the RGB palette you can enter numbers. A great tool for matching colors is a free program called TakeColor.You can use it to match colors.http://freedownloadswindows.com/6914838/takecolor_80.html

4. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

on my system the eyedropper isn't working either
    MD

5. Shelly

Shelly

Mine doesnt work either, this was mentioned ages ago.

6. mckd2002

mckd2002

I'm on Windows XP Home w/SP2, AMD64 3200 processor, 2G Mushkin DDR400 Memory. If this was mentioned ages ago, has there been any solution given or does it just not work anymore and that's it?

Thanks...

7. KD-did

KD-did

That is odd. I see pink hued element but when I touch the canvas or another element it normalizes.

8. Texas

Texas

Mine doesnt work either

Running Win XP, mine doesnt work either..Figured it was a Microsoft issue?

9. KD-did

KD-did

more directly a SP issue? I am guessing here but the color change to the pink hue seems to be like it is done so you know it is on the right element but with some computers it doesn't completet the change.

10. jamirae

jamirae

I'm having no problem. however, I just realized that I"m a dork and havent installed my TLC v4 upgrade. ha ha.. works great in v3.6 on Windows 2k.

is this problem only an XP problem?

11. jamirae

jamirae

I seriously doubt that Marc will ignore this issue if it still exists. I know he is busy working on release of the new ebox creator software along with some other great new stuff coming very soon. However, we'll see if we can get some word from him out of the depths of his dungeon where he's been busy coding. I think he's allowed out to see daylight once a week... ;)

12. KD-did

KD-did

I have 3.6.1 and v4...running on my XP Because I am too lazy to move the fonts from 3.6 that I would lose into V4

13. mckd2002

mckd2002

Mine worked on my XP Service Pack 2 machine until I upgraded. SInce then, I don't recall it working and know it doesn't now. It's not a huge deal but I do miss it and would like to get it back if possible.

14. Texas

Texas

Service Pack 2

Mine quit working the instant the pack was installed, this latest round of releases now show a "pink" hue on the background when I export. I have found a way around it, by clicking on the title bar FIRST, before I export the Logo, otherwise the "pinkish" hue is in the exported file.

15. jamirae

jamirae

do you samples of the "hue" issue that you can post?