Extracting DB files

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by The Vaik, Sep 25, 2014.

1. The Vaik

The Vaik

One of my clients had purchased Logo Creator and asked me to create a logo using their "sketch"

I would like to extract an original image in "spheres.db" so that I can use it to create their logo using Illustrator rather than having to redraw it from a snapshot.

What were these DB files created in? My developer copy of Visual Studio 2013 could not open them and before I start digging into the program using Olly I figured I'd simply ask first...

Thanks!

2. KD-did

KD-did

Why not just "EXPORT" the desired orb figure as a transparent .png and use that?:what:

gunsmoke likes this.
  3. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Something to consider from the EULA....

"Except as expressly permitted in this License, you may not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, modify, rent, lease, loan, sublicense, distribute or create derivative works based upon the Laughingbird Software in whole or part or transmit the Laughingbird Software over a network or from one computer to another."

I'm not terribly smart, but it would seem to me that editing the DB files would be a form of decompiling. The actual format of the DB files is tightly integrated to the OS.

I dunno, what do you think?

gunsmoke likes this.
  4. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

:batsmiley:
    I think that WAY to many big words in it! But, um, probably quite accurate.