Expression Web 2 by Jim Cheshire

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by AJFELLA, Aug 17, 2008.

1. AJFELLA

AJFELLA

I have just purchased this book which which entitles me to free registration for 80 corporate logos - when I enter the token key that was with the book - it comes us with 'invalid'

Can anyone help?:image09:

2. KD-did

KD-did

The key is case sensitive and all letters are uppercase. You will not get an acknowledgment when the key works. There is on extremely rare occasions issues with what is used to unpacking causing TLC not to acknowledge the key provided. Try using one of the 2 recommended unzipping programs (StuffIt Expander or Winzip) after uninstalling and removing the TLC file found under "Program Files" on your computer and getting a FRESH download.

Try a cold reboot and see if you can then launch the program.

3. Aspasa

Aspasa

Cheshire Web2 Logo Creator not working...

Yes, for me too Logo Creator is not working as stated from Jim Cheshire's Web2 Book.

I have Registered the Software, Joined this Forum, uninstalled and re-installed twice, disabled Virus checkers, re-booted, sent Jim an Email, and, the only thing that did not work for me - except for the unlock code - was requesting a trial version of the LB Logo Creator Software from the LBLC Site (I am still waiting, after an hour, for the email to arrive.)

All in all this whole process has taken me the best part of two hours and It is still not working - through no fault of my own I hasten to add.

Is it Jim's code? Is it TLC's inability to register this code properly for Version5.2?? Is it a misunderstanding between Mr. Cheshire and LBTLC license arrangements or, are people who purchase Jim's Book wrongly expecting the Corporate Logo Creator?

When this finally does work - and I'm sure it will - how do I get the two wasted hours of my life back please? Yes, that's seriously!

Thank You.

4. KD-did

KD-did

I recommend emailing Mr. Cheshire for a new code.

5. Aspasa

Aspasa

Jim Cheshire's Web Expression 2 & Logo Creator 5.2

Yup, I think I mentioned in my post above that I'd emailed Jim (Mr. Cheshire) although, I did not explicitly ask for a new code as thought that might be, at this point, a bit - presumptuous.

I have also emailed Marc and he now has a pretty thorough understanding of my issue.

3 hours or so into this now and, still no definitive answer and, after a solid 24 hours I have received no Demo download link from LBS and no reply from Mr. Jim Cheshire.

Why also would my Version say 5.2 ???

I thank you for your suggestion and effort to help in providing a solution.

I'm sure this is all a misundertanding somewhere. It will be interesting to see where.

6. KD-did

KD-did

Check your junk/spam folder for the email with the link to the demo download.

http://www.tucows.com/preview/503973 is a site where the V5.0 Demo can be downloaded immediately.

7. Aspasa

Aspasa

Jim Cheshire WEB 2 Book and Logo Creator Corp. Ed.

All LBS emails get through fine thank you - The Registration emails, The one from Marc, The Forum Sign-Up emails, and the "Thank you for Signing Up" emails. It seems odd that the LBS "download FRESH software" link email would not come through? I have also checked my junk email and, despite two requests to different email addresses over 24 hours ago now, I still have received no LBS Download Link. I wonder what on earth the problem could be? Maybe, *shudder* the problems are NOT at the end-user's end???

Anyways, thank you for your assistance in supplying the link to the V5 Demo at 2Cows...

Oh Yes, again, Why does my current version say 5.2?

Thank You for your help.

(3.5 hours and still no resolution to my issue..........)

8. KD-did

KD-did

You know I don't know why exactly...mine does too. When I updated to V5.1 it showed as V5.2.

I am sorry you haven't gotten resolution to your key issue yet. IMHO it is Jim Cheshire that needs to come through for you and others that bought his book. I am only a volunteer and not an employee of LBS so my opinion doesn't really count.

Fresh downloads are only good if you have a working key to begin with.

9. Aspasa

Aspasa

Jim Cheshire's TLc Unlock Code from Experession2 Book

Yes, I just now found out what the fresh download, that you kindly supplied the link for above, does:

Even though I registered my Version of the TLC Software with LBS - see emails above - ther Fresh download request for username and email and working key did not take - no real explanation as to why - just the working key title came up in Red color font - like it was trying to tell me my Working Key was wrong.. I was worse off than before by installing the FRESH trial version.

So, after uninstalling - again - my 5.2 version, logging on as a different user - administrator - (just to ensure there were no *shudder* user issues), installing the Fresh version (didn't work), uninstalling the Fresh Version, re-installing Travel & Leisure 5.2 under the Admin Profile I am now back to where I started.

Certainly your feeling that Jim Cheshire should be the one to come through for me is appearing to be my last hope here. I had hoped it would be quicker to go to the source (Marc or The Forums) and get resolution here - as that is possibly where Mr. Cheshire will have to go anyway.

For sure this whole episode will warrant another write up on my websites about the current state generally of technical support issues. It's not that LBS is not responsive at all - the reponse from the Forum and Marc is fast enough and empathetic enough but; Phone calls cut down the time by more than half and, resolutions work better for the end-user than empathy.

An aside - I had hoped to do a good/substantial write up on this product and offer it for sale on my sites as an affiliate through Digital River.........

Anyways, thank you again for your helpful assistance and it appears that my last resort is to email Jim Cheshire unless I receive a reply from marc@laughingbirdsoftware from my last email yesterday afternoon. Hopefully my email to Marc - showing pictures of my problem - did not end up in his Spam or Junk Email!

p.s. 5 hours into this now and still not resolved one way or t'other.

10. KD-did

KD-did

You have other editions? You should only have to use a key once no matter how many editions you purchase there after , if they are not installed as stand alones. If you made a puchase you should be able to look up your order and get a fresh download, if you didn't use Paypal that is. Paypal transactions are not tracked through Digital River. If you send a PM through the forum to laughingbird (Marc) with you purchase information he can take care of you. He can only take care of things that he can verify himself.

11. Aspasa

Aspasa

Logo Creator Corporet Logo Template from Jim cheshire's Web Expression2 book CD.

My Travel & Leisure Edition Template is the one that I received - and Installs - with the CD from Jim Cheshire's Book.

My assumption is that the unlock key supplied would 'unlock' or somehow give me access to the 'Corporate Logo' set..

Apparently, as I stumble along through these 'unlock key' and 'LBS Logo Template' mysteries - without a flashlight or guide - my assumption above is looking to be incorrect?

Would it be helpful if I posted my unlock key here?

Thank You.

12. KD-did

KD-did

Not a good idea to post a code or any purchase information in a public forum. I have no working knowledge of what if any arrangements were made between Marc and the book's author. It simply doesn't make sense to me that you would get a key that would open the Corporate Edition if you haven't been able to download it or install it from a CD. I would think that there would at the very least be a link to the Corporate Edition download from the author if there was some sort of special arrangement.

At one time when you downloaded the Demo and then made a purchase the key unlocked 40 hidden templates but they weren't the Corporate Edition either.

Mods and Admin always recommend installing and removing the TLC files from the "Program Files" before getting a fresh download to make sure you are starting with a clean slate .

13. Aspasa

Aspasa

TLC unlock key supplied w/Jim Cheshire's Web Expression 2 Book.

Yeah, thanks for the moral support KD-did - this whole thing doesn't make sense to me either - for exactly the reasons you outlined above. I'm beginning to think that either the incorrect bundle was supplied for Jim Cheshire's CD or, there was confusion between Jim and Marc and instead of Corporate Logos it should have said 'Travel and Leisure' Logos.

Also, credit, in this day and bloated software age, where credit is due; At numerous uninstall points over my hours of 'attempted resolution' I see that TLC's uninstall routine uninstalls that folder you mentioned above - just like an uninstall routine should. Now there's a concept you could pass along to help out Adobe and others' of their ilk/mode/genre!

And, Lo and behold, as I write this... an Email From Jim Cheshire....

"...[FONT=&quot]. The Expression Web 2 book actually ships with the Travel and Leisure set and not the Corporate Logo set. The Expression Web 1 book shipped with the Corporate Logo set and we inadvertently left that label on the second book. Sorry for the confusion.[/FONT]...."

The confusion is cleared up now but, I don't have what I thought I was getting *sigh*

What to do, who to email, how much more time whining, begging and pleading should I put into this.... Does the squeaky wheel get the grease....?

I'm not sure quite how to feel at this point. Apparently there was no error all along save for a misprinted label. Sure glad I only put 5+ hours into this and not 25+... Mind you, your kind responses are worth time and money too...

I ramble on. I apologise. Thank You again for your sticking with me on this....

14. KD-did

KD-did

Always happy to try and help any member but especially a Oregon neighbor.

15. Aspasa

Aspasa

Replacement Logo Set due to Miss Information...

How would I get a replacement for my Travel & Leisure Logo Set which was incorrectly advertised as a Corporate Logo Set?

I would, as y'all have no doubt gathered by now, really really like the corporate Logo Set - as advertised - in place of the Travel and Leisure Set.

<----- Still Squeaking!

16. KD-did

KD-did

IMHO the author should have to deliver on what HE advertised.

Beware TLC is highly addictive...

17. Aspasa

Aspasa

TLC Corp Set and Jim Cheshire's Web Expression 2

To finish this all on a positive note.

Thank You KD-did for all your moral support and experienced input. It helped me with direction - rather than rant! And Mr. Cheshire is sending me - via mail - a copy of his first book with the TLC Corporate Set included on that books' CD.

Now I yam a happy camper here at the beach.

Thank You Jim, KD-did and Marc for pudding up with my whining!

18. AJFELLA

AJFELLA

Same problem

Hi there

I responded to your email and now checking the noticeboard - yeah I don't want the travel - actually useless to our company - we deal with apparel - oh well will have to go and look elsewhere.:image27:

If you find any other sites...:image10:

19. KD-did

KD-did

Why not just contact Jim Cheshire as Aspasa did and allow him to come through and have an opportunity to have a happy customer?

20. Aspasa

Aspasa

As KD-did suggested, I would second that. Just email Jim at jwc @ jimcobooks.com , put in a link to this thread and let him know that you would like the Corp. Set Logos too.

Be nice!

Good Luck....