Exporting higher resolution

Discussion in 'Logo Designs' started by jsrodulski, Jan 7, 2009.

1. jsrodulski

jsrodulski

can someone please help me. I am totally frustrated here. I have created a design in CICreator and want to export the logo so tht I can use it on letterhead and such. However, the resolution is horrible. It is fine for the biz card, since it is so small but not for anything else. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? Not a professional but desperate to get this finished.

THanks,
    James

2. KD-did

KD-did

Off the top of my head a quick solution would be to export/publish as a PDF.

3. jsrodulski

jsrodulski

Would that really be high resolution? The jpeg and tiff just break down as soon as you try to enlarge them at all for any other application. :-<

4. KD-did

KD-did

That is what is odd about PDF they aren't high rez but can be made page size without breaking down. Did you make the logo in TLC that you used for you business card? That would be your source file and whenever possible should be used and would produce better results. If you did you would be able to export higher rez from it and if necessary have it converted to vector.

Did you get the update?
    http://www.thebusinesscardcreator.com/updates

5. jsrodulski

jsrodulski

Yes, it IS the logo shown here next to my name. Was created originally for Biz card. But do not see how to export higher rez. It seems the resolution I have is sufficient for Web but nothing else. Please help me figure this out. I feel like I have wasted $ and time if I cannot use this or any of the programs I have purchased from Laughing Bird.

6. Flashorama

Flashorama

Hi

If you are creating the logo using TLC, you need to create it at higher resolution. See Export Menu > More Export Options.

The CIC or BCC programs lets you use any imported image in your artwork but it will retain the original resolution and does not enhance it. So you need to create a high rez image before importing it on your letterhead.

I hope this helps.
    Cheers
    Flashorama

7. jsrodulski

jsrodulski

Thanks, it sounds as if I getting closer. However, when I go to TLC and Export menu > more export options it does not give me an option to save anything higher resolution than the default 72 dpi. I can resize the image say 1000 x 500 (for example) but that does not increase the dpi, correct? It only increases the size and the image breaks up when I do that.

8. KD-did

KD-did

You change the DPI Export>>( at the top) "EXPORT RESOLUTION" click and insert desire resolution.

9. jsrodulski

jsrodulski

Well PTL! That's what I was looking for. At least I hope so. :image28:

Thank you everyone!

10. Jared Grover

Jared Grover

Um...did the Export Resolution option get nixed on the new 6.6 version because I'm not finding it anywhere in my logo creator.

11. KD-did

KD-did

Now you save rather than export.

12. Jared Grover

Jared Grover

Yes, but saving does not allow you to adjust dpi..it just allows you to choose between JPEG PNG or transparent PNG. Is there a way to save as a PDF and more importantly, how can you increase dpi to over 75 and obtain the clearest and largest possible text and/or logo within The Logo Creator? I'm sorry if this issue has been discussed before, but I just have been trying to find all the info in one place and have just been able to find bits and pieces of information through all of my reading. Thanks for your help anyone.

13. Jared Grover

Jared Grover

I've recently started using Inkscape to convert TLC images and although it works "ok", I still find that the images often look horribly disjointed and so many details are lost and it looks "rough". I did see a couple of links that Marc posted of the places that he uses to convert to vector, but ultimately they could end up costing lost of money to use because every time you have to convert an image it's another at least $15 dollars or more per image as far as I could tell. I guess there is just no way around having to pay a substantial amount of money to get an image decently vectorized is there?

14. Jared Grover

Jared Grover

Don't worry about responding to the question about whether or not there is a better way to vectorize, because I now realize after reading some other things that you can't get a good vectorized image without having to pay some money. We're just in a very tight place financially right now, and even spending 10 plus dollars a pop can sometimes be an unnecessary expense for us. But..i still would like to know about the increasing of dpi in the saving process and how I can convert to a pdf. thanks

15. KD-did

KD-did

16. Jared Grover

Jared Grover

Thanks KD...but unfortunately I'm now running Mac..unless you can get Irfanview in Mac format or something just like it. Thanks for letting me know though

17. KD-did

KD-did

18. KD-did

KD-did

Something else you might want to download for FREE is Gimp...Photoshop type of program. Has a learning curve but extremely powerful.