exporting for tshirt printing use

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by aflores1172, Jan 16, 2008.

1. aflores1172

aflores1172

hello all,

i have an issue hoping someone knew an answer to. i have designed lots of artwork that i would like to use on tshirts to be silkscreened. here is the problem, when the designs are complete and i go to export them , say for example jpeg format, my silkscreener has an issue with the size of the file being too small that i have given him to use. he tells me that he needs them to be much larger and become pixelated when enlarged. they need to be exported in a format that is like an EPS or similar. he says that the export options used in TLC are way too small.the designs i have used needed to be retraced in illustrator,basically recreated. is there anyway to export designs that can be used on large scale without pixelation happening.even entering a higher pixel number fails-maybe there should be an option for canvas size in inches along with pixel count,kind of like illustrator. adobe illustrator or photoshop is the tool of choice for shirt designers, but i was hoping of using the powerful tools from TLC over adobe. PLEASE- ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED !!!:image10-1:

2. 3DS

3DS

Hi aflores1172,

I'm sorry that you'll be waiting for a very long time. Because TLC will always create a "rasterized" (pixel based) image, and with Adobe Illustrator you are creating a "vector-based" image. Apples & oranges for printers. The printer needs the .eps (encapsulated post script) or .ai format for their post script printers to print the more precise, mathematically created vector-based graphics. This is how you get much more cleaner, clearer, precise looking artwork; especially for signs, posters, tshirts, etc. at larger resolution sizes.

Yes Adobe's Photoshop is still mainly a "pixel-based" application, used for photography, but is becoming more sophisticated and can now produce some pretty cool vector based efx. And yes you can create some really cool paintings, drawings, etc. but it still mainly the industry standard for editing photos, digital artwork & "pixelated" they shall still be - (those little square dots you see when you zoom in real close no matter how high you set the quality of resolution.)

The industry standard for vector-based graphics is still Adobe Illustrator & Adobe Flash.

I hope this clears up a little bit for you.

3. Randy...

Randy... Guest

A way to have your artwork converted to vector format (so that you can have it printed in any size) is to use www.logo2vector.com. Their prices are reseaonable and I've nothing but good stuff about their work and turn around time.