1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Exporting for print - Vista Print

Discussion in 'Web Graphics Creator' started by entoone, Jan 28, 2007.

1. entoone

entoone

I have an image that I have created that I would like to use for a post card that I would like to have printed at Vista Print. They indicate that the image should be 1642 x 1264 (my monitor only goes to 1024 x 768).

When I try to make the image match the size that Vista print wants I get no scroll bars so I can move around or an option to view the entire image so I can adjust the objects within the image.

Any thoughs on how I can accomplish this? as I would like to use what I have created and not have to start over in another application.

Thanks!

2. Doc

Doc Staff Member

Using the logo you have already created go to export and select the bottom option 'other export options' You will see boxes for height and width which you can reset to the size your printer requires.

3. entoone

entoone

Thanks Doc

Thanks for the hint Doc! Have a great Sunday.

4. entoone

entoone

Still can't get export to work

My objective is to design a post card that I want to upload at Vista Print. I have a nice layout that looks decent, but when exporting the largest size I can get is 1024 x 753. Vista Print wants a file that matches 1642 x 1264. I have tried several times to get this to work and it's just not happening. Any other ideas or hints to help me on this?

I wish I could export to the size I need.
    I would like to layout the image at the size they want and then export
    I would liek to resize the screen with this size .. as there is no way to reduce by percentage to see the entire screen (If I was able to make the graphic) the size needed.

Any help on this issue is appreciated. Thanks for your time.:helpnow:

5. Doc

Doc Staff Member

Hi I just tried exporting a file at the size you needed and the largest I could get was 1280 width. If you want I can try resizing your logo in one of the other packages I use. If you want me to try this for you send me a pm and I will give you an email address to send the image to.

6. entoone

entoone

Hi Doc,

Thanks for the reply and the offer to resize the graphic. I do appreciate it. I do have some other more indepth tools for graphics also, but wanted to see if I could use the application to design and export it to be used with Vista print without any hassles. It seems that this is a little area that will be a problem, but other than that.. working online etc it's great. Just was hoping to save some time and not have to redesign things in another application to get the finished product. My main goal was to get some postcards from Vista print. The dims are 1677 x 1300. Have a great tomorrow.

7. michaelj

michaelj

When I esport to vista print I am told that my DPI is not high enough. So I went to my local printer. He wants the file in CYMK...Did I waste my money or is there another way to get a high quality picture file out of this program?