Exported Logo Size isn't large

Discussion in 'Techniques' started by sharmane1, Jan 21, 2007.

1. sharmane1

sharmane1

Hello all...
    Is there a way to make your logo larger?
    I have an eBay store and am trying to upload the logo but it is quite small and doesn't fit well into the provided space.
    I've exported it as a gif, as a jpeg, I've used transparent background, to no avail.
    Am I doing something wrong or is this the limitation of the software? (hopefully, it's not the latter)
    :helpnow:

2. Doc

Doc Staff Member

What size do you need the logo to be? What you need to do is before creating your logo you set the 'canvas' size (the window your design goes in)
    by dragging the window until the dimensions match the size you need your finished logo to be. Then when you bring logo elements into your design resize them by clicking on 'attributes' in the left hand window then move the 'scale' slider ball till the logo element is the size you need.

3. sharmane1

sharmane1

I've tried all that....

Thank you so much for the very prompt reply...
    I have stretch the window to the largest size possible and have used the attributes to size it proportionally.
    I've saved as gif and jpegs, too.
    The problem is that when I upload it to eBay or to a business card template online, the logo is about the size of a dime. You can hardly see the lettering.
    They are not saved as thumbnails, either.
    I'm stumped...I'm not a graphic designer, but I am very comfortable on the computer, so this dilema has me scratching my head.
    :helpnow:

4. Doc

Doc Staff Member

When you save your logo select the 'more export options' and you should see the size your exported logo will be. Attached are a couple of quick pics I did to demonstate, one is 100 x 115 the other 273 x 279 and as you can see they size correctly when you use the 'more export options'

Attached Files:

5. sharmane1

sharmane1

I think your solution might work!!

I am going to spend a few minutes trying your suggestion...I'll keep you posted! (Pun intended) :thankyou:

6. sharmane1

sharmane1

7. Doc

Doc Staff Member

Check back to the first reply I made to your post re the canvas size. The canvas size is the dimensions your finished logo will end up as so you need to set that first, then when you import your metallic oval you need to size this so it fills the canvas otherwise your exported logo will have lots of white space round it (as in your ebay logo)

8. Doc

Doc Staff Member

To demonstrate I saved your logo from ebay and also did a quick mock up using the method I described in my previous post.

Attached Files:

9. sharmane1

sharmane1

Logo Size

I beleive I did all that, but perhaps not in that order.
    I created the logo in the default size format. I then dragged the picture box out to the largest size of 1284x948 and then used the attributes to resize the metalic oval and letters. I then saved as a jpeg and gif.
    Does this sound correct?

10. Doc

Doc Staff Member

No you must fill out the canvas and the easiest way is to set the canvas to the size you want for your finished logo, then import the 'mettalic' oval and size the oval so the height just fits the canvas (I think the size for the ebay box is 310 x 90) Add your text and 'swoosh' and resize these to fit the oval. Then you can save using the 'more export options'

Your logo had a lot of 'white space' round it which is why it looked small

11. sharmane1

sharmane1

Logo Size

I'll give it another "ol' college try" with your outlined steps. With any luck, this user might get a logo out of all this!
    Many thanks and I'll be back to let you know how it goes...
    Best regards,
    Sharmane

:thankyou:

12. Doc

Doc Staff Member

I removed the white space round your logo and resized it to the same dimensions as your original, as you can see without the white space the logo is much bigger (my modifed one is not suitable for you to use as when you stretch a bitmap it distorts)

Attached Files:

13. sharmane1

sharmane1

Logo Size

Perfection!
    We had to "redesign" a bit, but your assistance made the difference.
    Thank you very much!
    Best regards,
    Sharmane

:bana:

14. sharmane1

sharmane1

Logo Size

Here is a sample...

se

Attached Files: