Export problems

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by lloyd, Mar 1, 2008.

1. lloyd

lloyd

Can anyone tell me why, when I export my logo, the white background appears light grey on the web page? I have tried altering the resolution but to no avail. Is there an optimum size resolution I should use for web pages? I have also tried exporting using various formats (gifs, jpegs, bitmaps etc.) but the grey problem still persists.

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Lloyd.
    Welcome to the forum.

... can you point me to the image you're speaking of?
    Also, what is your monitor's color resolution set to?

Marc

3. lloyd

lloyd

Hi Marc,

I have put the image on a blank html page for you to see:

http://www.kwood.biz/logoprob.htm

My monitor resolution is 960 x 720.

I have got round it temporarily by 'Print Screen' then pasting it as an image in PaintShop Pro. I can then save it from here and it is all right, but this is obviously not correct.

Regards:image09:

4. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Lloyd.

Yep, I see the grey.
    I hate to ask, but are you sure you're using white for the background color in the color picker?

Try setting your monitor to "High Color" ... you can set this in your Control Panel > Display properties (I'm assuming you're running Windows - Mac users; choose the Monitor settings in your System prefs and choose Millions of colors)

Also, try exporting your logo as a "PNG-Transparent"

Let me know this does it

5. KD-did

KD-did

I am not seeing any light grey.

6. OldenGray

OldenGray

I don't see any grey at all. It's perfectly white. Could be that the problem is in your monitor and it needs to be calibrated.
    Olden

7. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

i can see the grey as well,have looked in both fire fox and exp7,i think you are saving as a jpeg try as mark says png format:image28:

8. awalck

awalck Staff Member

Hmmm. I didn't see any grey either. I'm using IE6.

9. lloyd

lloyd

Still there

Strange, some can see the grey and others can't. I am definitely using white in the colour picker and my monitor is already on high resolution. I have viewed the page in both IE and Netscape 7.0.
    Exporting the graphic as a transparent png does the trick (obviously as there is a transparent background) but there are times when I want a white background.
    Any ideas?

10. KD-did

KD-did

Yes, being one layer is removed in the transparency if you duplicate the element or color it white and place it exactly underneath ..your white will stay or if you have an image editor just remove the background from the exported non-transparent.png.

11. lloyd

lloyd

Found a way around it

Thanks for all your help. I can copy the transparent png and paste it as a new layer on a plain white background and that does the trick. I just thought there might be another way.

12. KD-did

KD-did

Depending on how much white you have..you can just add one layer while in TLC ,either by duplicating the element or use just a shape sent to the back in the areas that need protection and export as tpng and your white is safe.