Export Problems

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator Gallery' started by dlineham, Dec 4, 2005.

1. dlineham

dlineham

Hi,

I just purchased the latest version of Logo Creator and have created some great logos. I have created a website logo header for one of my websites. I have exported the images as GIF and JPEG files. When I attempt to insert these images into FrontPage 2003 I get a message "could not load file, image file format is not supported". What can I do to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Dave

2. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

what an odd dilema...do these picture load in a picture program or display in a web browser without plugging the html code, just to verify the pic is not corrupted.

3. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Hello Dave and welcome to the forum. Sorry you are having issues. What it sounds like to me is that the file name has an invalid character in it, like a # sign. FP will not load any images with those symbols in it.

Example:

Your picture is named image1#.jpeg rename it to image1.jpeg.

Or try this:

Follow these steps when you try to insert a picture on a Web page in FrontPage:

1. On the Insert menu, point to Picture, and then click From File.
    2. In the Picture dialog box, right -click the picture, and then click Rename.
    3. Type the picture file name without the pound-sign character, and then press ENTER.
    4. To insert the picture on the Web page, click the renamed picture, and then click Insert.

Follow these steps when you try to import the picture into a FrontPage Web site:

1. On the File menu, click Import.
    2. In the Import dialog box, click Add File.
    3. In the Add File to Import dialog box, right-click the picture, and then click Rename.
    4. Type the picture file name without the pound-sign, and then press ENTER.
    5. To import the picture into your FrontPage Web site, click the renamed picture, and then click Open.
    6. In the Import dialog box, click OK.

Hope this helps.

4. blackknight

blackknight

very observant.Hope that works

5. dlineham

dlineham

Thanks very much mac 27! You were right on! I was using a file name that had an invalid character which was a # sign. I tried exporting the image again and it works fine. Any suggestions on which ad product has the best business logos for alternative organizations?

Thanks again,

Dave

6. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Glad I could help. So what kinda of logo are you wanting to do? What type of business?

7. dlineham

dlineham

I have an eBay Store named The Love Solutions Store and am looking to create a nice store header with logo. You can view the store at: http://stores.ebay.com/The-Love-Solutions-Store and let me know what you think would work.

Thanks,

Dave

8. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm..........

Something romantic maybe. So are you wanting a banner logo or a logo? Another thought would be to post in the "need help with my design" part of the forum and people will help you out. Do you have anything in mind as far as the logo goes? Colors ideas.... I actually think that any packs of the logo creator will do you fine in this creation. I will see if I can come up with something for you. Maybe help you get started..