Export formats for clients

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by inhighghear, Mar 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inhighghear

inhighghear

Can someone share with me what mix of sizes and formats you export the finished product to deliver to clients? Do you have a consistent naming convention that you use?

If this has been posted somewhere else, would someone point me to the discussion?

I have 3 finished logos to deliver and would like to come up with a standard delivery system for them.
    (I've tested all the files and they seem to be fine!)

Thanks
    inhighgear : o_please

2. gzusnme

gzusnme

It really just depends on what your client wants them for. I've found it's best just to ask them, in what size and format they would like them in.

3. inhighghear

inhighghear

most of my clients have no idea...
    Thanks

4. gzusnme

gzusnme

If they really have no set things in mind, I would probably just send them the logo in jpeg format in all three export sizes (full, quarter, thumbnail) Then if they need, for instance, say a logo without a background for a website or something, just send them
    a transparent gif ( that is if your lgo has no photo type elements ) In most cases I have found that the majority of folks just need the full size jpeg, then maybe the thumbnail for business cards, etc. Jpegs are a good universal format to start with. Hope this has helped.

5. gzusnme

gzusnme

I checked online at some businesses that do logos and it seems most of them for a low cost logo send it in just gif and jpeg, then a more pricey package would also include tiff, psd, and some even in eps.

6. inhighghear

inhighghear

Thanks for the research, Bryan

7. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Great answer Brian.
    Hey, did you create your Avatar with The Logo Creator?
    I really like it!

- Marc

8. gzusnme

gzusnme

Question...

Actually I created it in Click 'N Design 3D before I was introduced to your software. Thanks for the program, I'm loving it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.